Brucie's Team of Beef Flap Munchers v Elton's Peperami Tickle Stick Play Boys

wykikitoon

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Cool. Where were they in the table at the time?

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-brighton-match-report-live-glenn-murray-mike-ashley-beram-kayal-premier-league-efl-a8593916.html

We lost 12 games out of 15 almost 12months back :lol: including plenty of teams around the bottom 

Or we could look at Rafa's first 10 games in charge of the club? Which metric are we using?

My point being, today was a reasonable performance. We should have won, and we look a little light on firepower, but the whole "we are definitely going down" crew need to get a grip. We've W1, D1, L1 against Arsenal, Spurs and Watford.

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Steve Bruce:

"A really difficult start for us. When you're playing against a team who've had a tough time, the one thing you don't want to do is let them score early. Three deflections for the goal - and we also had a deflected one the other night.

"We had to dig in for a little while but, the longer the game went on, I thought the big opportunities came our way. Let's be fair - we've had two or three wonderful opportunities and haven't taken them.

"Overall, I've been very pleased this week. It's been a tough week, but we'll take the results (Spurs and Watford) we've got."

8 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I would expect this team to be more comparable to the team that finished last season than the one that started it, personally 

13 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I would expect this team to be more comparable to the team that finished last season than the one that started it, personally 

Then it's only fair you give the players and manager until January to improve their form, as they have in the last 2 seasons then?

4 points from 3 games. Extrapolate that across the season and we are at 50+ points. Scoring is going to be the issue as opposed to defending or creating chances. So you might be £20 better off to nurse you through your huff that we stay up this season 

21 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Then it's only fair you give the players and manager until January to improve their form, as they have in the last 2 seasons then?

4 points from 3 games. Extrapolate that across the season and we are at 50+ points. Scoring is going to be the issue as opposed to defending or creating chances. So you might be £20 better off to nurse you through your huff that we stay up this season 

Why is that fair? I respect Benitez I don't respect Bruce. I trust benitez and his pedigree. I don't trust bruce and he has none.

3 hours ago, OTF said:

They were there for the taking, even with their lucky goal. Discontent swelling, as it should be.

Bring back Rafa's reject, MITROVIC, he's scoring goals.:)

4 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fwiw I completely forgot about the Norwich game :lol:

1 hour ago, zerosum said:

Joelinton looked better today. As in hold up play. Was isolated for most the game though, hardly any service at all. Willems looked ok also. Kraft is shit.

Aye was going to say Joelinton looks like a good player, some of his composure under pressure in our half was quality. 

• Like 1

Bottom 2 teams in the league have taken their only points from us.

Yeah the team is doing great and is definitely on track for 50+ points this season!

I don't get why some have decided to throw their unreserved support behind Bruce (and constantly be contrary about it), you're just giving Ashley what he wants. 

Bruce knows the score and made the choice, a supporter of NUFC would never have agreed to join the cunt's circus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

................................................................. a supporter of NUFC would never have agreed to join the cunt's circus.

Oh yes he would,  in a heart-beat,  if he were a clown,  the pay was good,  and there were pies  n' beer aplenty.:razz:

2 hours ago, Noelie said:

Oh yes he would,  in a heart-beat,  if he were a clown,  the pay was good,  and there were pies  n' beer aplenty.:razz:

That's about the sum of it Noelie.

You know I get your take on the whole situation. 

You're staring down the barrel of a fast approaching expiry date and you desperately want to see the club win something more than a throw in before then, so you're willing to give the benefit of the doubt.

But the truth is as long as the cunt owns the club and he keeps employing clowns there is zero chance of us winning anything before you pop your clogs.

The only hope you have my Californian friend is if the club is sold because nothing will change otherwise. 

They looked unfit yesterday, especially in the first half. Second best to every ball, a yard off the pace. They'll need better service to Joelinton if he's to have any impact this season. That was the worst I've seen Longstaff play. Still, we lost 0-3 at home to those jokers last season so a draw is an improvement.

30 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

They looked unfit yesterday, especially in the first half. Second best to every ball, a yard off the pace. They'll need better service to Joelinton if he's to have any impact this season. That was the worst I've seen Longstaff play. Still, we lost 0-3 at home to those jokers last season so a draw is an improvement.

I don’t know if was fitness, it looked more like a distinct lack of motivation to me. Not dissimilar to the last season we went down.

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I don’t know if was fitness, it looked more like a distinct lack of motivation to me. Not dissimilar to the last season we went down.

That would be more plausible because I can't understand how a supposed elite athlete can be unfit and especially at this stage of the season.

You'd expect 4pts from those 4 fixtures in most seasons under Ashley, just not the way they came. definitely unlucky not to get all 3. Was the tackle on Hayden not a penalty? Looked it to me. Almiron needs one to go in off his arse, Joelinton looks decent. I just don't really care enough any more to write my usual three page essay.