Apathy FC vs who gives a fuck

strawb

:lol: There you gan lads, Luke totally ignores the fact that in those losses/draws early on under Rafa the team showed shape and ideas compared to the games so far this season that have showed absolutely no semblance of a plan. We could barely muster up a chance, only scoring a goal that has since been declared an error that VAR should have overruled, against Watford ffs. 

I get he’s playing devils advocate and sticking up for his mate but he’s making himself look like he knows nothing about football. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 6

5 minutes ago, Howay said:

:lol: There you gan lads, Luke totally ignores the fact that in those losses/draws early on under Rafa the team showed shape and ideas compared to the games so far this season that have showed absolutely no semblance of a plan. We could barely muster up a chance, only scoring a goal that has since been declared an error that VAR should have overruled, against Watford ffs. 

I get he’s playing devils advocate and sticking up for his mate but he’s making himself look like he knows nothing about football. 

I was just about to post the tweet as well, he’s becoming a parody of himself. The performance had nothing in it to put a positive spin in it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Joelinton's transfer stinks more an more each week. 

Lad tries but if he's worth 40m then the game is a lot more fucked than I thought. 

Wilhems is fucking shit as well. 

Pretty harsh tbh, even though I do agree that the fee was inflated.
I guess everything would look a lot different if we weren’t playing John Beck’s 80s vintage football tactics...

6 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Bruce says we were pressing too high :lol: it's like he just says something/anything to try and sound like he knows what he's talking about. 

Yeah, the problem was that they were playing a similar style to us....

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

.........................................., we were the far more threatening team in the last eight minutes. Give Bruce a chance.

Aye, but the other 88 minutes were deplorable.  The change in tempo was when  Maxie and Andy  came on but  they  came on too late. Are you related to Bruce? :)

9 hours ago, Howay said:

Absolutely nothing in the tweet that is incorrect. 

It was dreadful.

We lost last season. 

We had 2 points after 9 games. 

etc....

42 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It was dreadful.

We lost last season. 

etc....

It’s what it infers rather its accuracy which people have an issue with. Not that it should come as any surprise, given he’s about as objective as you are 

Edited by Alex

38 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It was dreadful.

We lost last season. 

etc....

Edwards spent a month defending Bruce’s appointment against near universal negativity.

Now he says he knew we’d be shit anyway 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Alex said:

It’s what it infers rather its accuracy which people have an issue with. Not that it should come as any surprise, given he’s about as objective as you are 

Exactly. The biggest difference is that we dominated them last season with loads of chances and were "unlucky", i. e. too stupid, not too win while it was the other way round last night.

45 minutes ago, ewerk said:

We had less possession at home to Brighton yesterday than Watford did against City. :lol: 

I had a ticket and went yesterday. The first half was as bad as I can remember. Took this on the sky sports app before heading off to the bar.

Brighton, at home, ffs. 

Screenshot_20190921-175955_Score Centre.jpg

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I had a ticket and went yesterday. The first half was as bad as I can remember. Took this on the sky sports app before heading off to the bar.

Brighton, at home, ffs. 

Screenshot_20190921-175955_Score Centre.jpg

Horrific, for balance here are the stats from the fixture at home to Brighton that we lost last season that Luke and this Ugly Mackem bloke love to hold up as an example of why Bruce is comparable to Rafa:

E6AAA778-E362-4AC7-AB2B-20256A403ABC.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

18 hours ago, Alex said:

Also the fact that neither UM nor Edwards (nor Bruce probably) would have expected anything but a thumping from Spurs, which is the only thing keeping us off the bottom currently.  Muppets!