Some ambitious small nondescript east midlands club v Ashley's poisonous apparition of NUFC

Howmanheyman

11 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Just watched the goals again, what the fuck has happened to Dubravka? He looks like a shadow of what he was last season. Also Dummett had a shocker, at least 3 of the goals were because of him switching off.

Coaching.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

I consider it a good result tbf. The sooner we go down the sooner we lose Bruce at the very least, and maybe, just maybe, if we can stay down - then we can lose Ashley. He is -never- going to go while we remain in the PL.

If the choice was between 10 years with Ashley or 10 years in the Championship, but Ashley fucked off after season 5, I'd take that all day long.

You think he’ll sack Bruce when we go down? 

Why?

He’s got his Plucky Championship Gaffer right there, dad-grunting his way in and out of the dugout. 

Just now, Monkeys Fist said:

You think he’ll sack Bruce when we go down? 

Why?

He’s got his Plucky Championship Gaffer right there, dad-grunting his way in and out of the dugout. 

True. Honestly I don't care now, I just expect us to go down and hope we stay down long enough for Ashley to fuck off. Whether's he's infected by Bruce or cholera, I don't care, as long as he goes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

True. Honestly I don't care now, I just expect us to go down and hope we stay down long enough for Ashley to fuck off. Whether's he's infected by Bruce or cholera, I don't care, as long as he goes.

Bruce will get the sack with 8 games to go, or once relegation is confirmed, which ever comes earlier. Then whoever gets the job will get a bit of backing to try and get straight back up, should that fail Ashley will want to off load us before the parachute payments run out.

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Bruce will get the sack with 8 games to go, or once relegation is confirmed, which ever comes earlier. Then whoever gets the job will get a bit of backing to try and get straight back up, should that fail Ashley will want to off load us before the parachute payments run out.

Sounds good to me.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

So when he can just about make his money back he won't sell but when he can lose a fortune he will?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

As likely to get someone like Sunderland's charlatans as we are anyone decent.

Yeah but in this instance, the 'devil we know' is enough for me to think it worth the risk.

4 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

So when he can just about make his money back he won't sell but when he can lose a fortune he will?

There'll be a tipping point where the risk is too great. He'll gamble on us bouncing back as we have done the last two times. Because £30m is worth it if he can get £100m in tv money next season. Fail to get back up and he'd have to spend another large sum to try and get us back up, this time with even less tv money coming his way. Nah, He'll bin us off.

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Yeah but in this instance, the 'devil we know' is enough for me to think it worth the risk.

Oh I'd rather have the corpse of Mugabe running the show ahead of Ashley. Even if a dickhead buys us and sells us on soon after, I'll take that short term pain, for the return of my club from the hands of this fat crook.

Just now, Anorthernsoul said:

Without doubt, Benitez had players playing above and beyond themselves.

It's the damage Bruce is doing to our good players that is more depressing than his failure to lift up our weaker ones.

49 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Just watched the goals again, what the fuck has happened to Dubravka? He looks like a shadow of what he was last season. Also Dummett had a shocker, at least 3 of the goals were because of him switching off.

He was probably never "that" good (although worth more than we paid for him), it's just he had an organised unit in front of him previously and wasn't as exposed. Spurs aside he's had a porous defence and pretty ineffectual midfield in front of him so every little flaw is noticed when teams attack so easily.

13 minutes ago, The Fish said:

There'll be a tipping point where the risk is too great. He'll gamble on us bouncing back as we have done the last two times. Because £30m is worth it if he can get £100m in tv money next season. Fail to get back up and he'd have to spend another large sum to try and get us back up, this time with even less tv money coming his way. Nah, He'll bin us off.

It’ll cost him more than £30m this time. 

I don’t see where we get £86m in sales from this squad plus I’m guessing that wages are up from last time.

28 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It’ll cost him more than £30m this time. 

I don’t see where we get £86m in sales from this squad plus I’m guessing that wages are up from last time.

Longstaff, Almiron, Joelinton, Saint Maximin, Dubravka, all saleable assets.

3 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

What is it with our keepers and cowardice.A fuckin headed goal from 3 fuckin yards.