Some ambitious small nondescript east midlands club v Ashley's poisonous apparition of NUFC

Howmanheyman

17 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Just watched the goals again, what the fuck has happened to Dubravka? He looks like a shadow of what he was last season. Also Dummett had a shocker, at least 3 of the goals were because of him switching off.

Sshh ....if you call our Dummett for being shit, people get all radge. Even though he was fucking terrible. 

Its hard to blame Dubravka too much, when he's behind a shit defence with the likes of Dummett in it, and there are clearly no coaching or tactics going on. Especially when we're down to 10 men after the kind of tackle/assault that NUFC fans would -rightly - be abusing the perpetrator for even years later. 

3 hours ago, SimianStill said:

Well........

This.

Sshh ....if you call our Dummett for being shit, people get all radge. Even though he was fucking terrible. 

Its hard to blame Dubravka too much, when he's behind a shit defence with the likes of Dummett in it, and there are clearly no coaching or tactics going on. Especially when we're down to 10 men after the kind of tackle/assault that NUFC fans would -rightly - be abusing the perpetrator for even years later. 

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

The sad part about our dilemma is that watching the other lowly teams determines that they all play better football than we do even though they are poor teams.

Even sadder is the fact that based on the individual skills of each player we should have a decent team. At least 12 of our players have played for their country which means they could/should be decent but they are not showing it as a team. The Leicester disaster match performance was worse than terrible and it's not something that can be placed on Ashley or Bruce.  At best, only 2 or 3 players had halfway decent games, the rest were rubbish. Hayden's sending off was a bitter blow but it was no reason for the rest to throw in the towel the way they did.  10 men teams have won games before by doubling their efforts but our 10 could not have punched their way out of a wet paper-bag .:mad:

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Noelie said:

The sad part about our dilemma is that watching the other lowly teams determines that they all play better football than we do even though they are poor teams.

Even sadder is the fact that based on the individual skills of each player we should have a decent team. At least 12 of our players have played for their country which means they could/should be decent but they are not showing it as a team. The Leicester disaster match performance was worse than terrible and it's not something that can be placed on Ashley or Bruce.  At best, only 2 or 3 players had halfway decent games, the rest were rubbish. Hayden's sending off was a bitter blow but it was no reason for the rest to throw in the towel the way they did.  10 men teams have won games before by doubling their efforts but our 10 could not have punched their way out of a wet paper-bag .:mad:

Of course it can be placed on Bruce. He is just as much to blame as the players. He is responsible for setting the team up and giving them detailed instructions as to how to play. He hasn’t got a clue. He never has and has a record of failure throughout his management career. I’m not too sure why anyone was expecting anything different here when there is a large, consistent body of evidence showing what a poor manager is.

We’re a different team compared to the well drilled outfit we were under Benitez. A good manager manages to gets more than the sum of its parts out of a team.

The fact that you are not apportioning any blame to Bruce makes an absolute mockery of the abuse you used to give Benitez.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, ewerk said:

Doubt it. Can’t see anyone offering that based on what we’ve seen of him this season.

So far, maybe not, but a half decent season will attract interest. Man Utd won't go totally cold on him, just because of Bruce's influence, I'm sure.

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

Erm?

I know you’re an ancient, wizened old ploat, but howay man that is beyond senility.

Edited by Dougle
senility
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

Of course it can be placed on Bruce. He is just as much to blame as the players. He is responsible for setting the team up and giving them detailed instructions as to how to play. He hasn’t got a clue. He never has and has a record of failure throughout his management career. I’m not too sure why anyone was expecting anything different here when there is a large, consistent body of evidence showing what a poor manager is.

We’re a different team compared to the well drilled outfit we were under Benitez. A good manager manages to gets more than the sum of its parts out of a team.

The fact that you are not apportioning any blame to Bruce makes an absolute mockery of the abuse you used to give Benitez.

I stand corrected, forgive me for not apportioning any blame to Bruce. It's his fault Dubravka was not up to snuff. It was his fault Dummett was not up to snuff. It was his fault 5 goals were leaked by the back four who weren't up to snuff. It was his fault Joelinton, Muto, Almiron, Carroll, Atsu weren't up to snuff and didn't score. Yes it was all Bruce's fault for the pathetic performances put on display by his choice  of players. They were not to blame, it was all his fault for the dismal display.

And yes, I did abuse Benitez constantly from day one.

And yes Dougle, I am a wizened old ploat beyond senility.

And of course Alex, I am in a self parody mode, your suspicions are in order so be very careful not to give me too much credit.

Happy now?

6 hours ago, The Fish said:

So far, maybe not, but a half decent season will attract interest. Man Utd won't go totally cold on him, just because of Bruce's influence, I'm sure.

Especially once Solskaer get the boot

13 hours ago, SimianStill said:

Its hard to blame Dubravka too much, when he's behind a shit defence 

Love the fella, but you can't let in a goal at your near post like that.  Could be down to confidence, I appreciate, but that is goalkeeping 101

On 9/30/2019 at 04:51, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I am looking forward to when we are worse off than last season cos I am sick of them saying we’re still better off at the moment.

That win against Spurs has really clouded too many people's judgement on the success so far.  One point would have been a much more realistic position (after Schar's goal should have apparently been struck off due to Hayden's handball).  And that one point would only have been as a result of millimetres due to Schar's clearance

On 9/30/2019 at 01:46, Noelie said:

RED CARD .............................NEVER, yellow maybe, he clearly played the ball first which was his intent.

You can shout all you want, but that is a red card all day long.  Norman "bites yer legs" Hunter is not playing any more. :) 

5 hours ago, Noelie said:

I stand corrected, forgive me for not apportioning any blame to Bruce. It's his fault Dubravka was not up to snuff. It was his fault Dummett was not up to snuff. It was his fault 5 goals were leaked by the back four who weren't up to snuff. It was his fault Joelinton, Muto, Almiron, Carroll, Atsu weren't up to snuff and didn't score. Yes it was all Bruce's fault for the pathetic performances put on display by his choice  of players. They were not to blame, it was all his fault for the dismal display.

And yes, I did abuse Benitez constantly from day one.

And yes Dougle, I am a wizened old ploat beyond senility.

And of course Alex, I am in a self parody mode, your suspicions are in order so be very careful not to give me too much credit.

Happy now?

No one said the players were blameless. It was you saying Bruce and Ashley were that people, quite rightly, thought was a ridiculous assessment 

So they play like a "bag of shite" get hammered off Lesta & Bruce then told them not to come in for training yesterday. You couldn't make it up. I can see them getting a few more Mondays off over the next few weeks. Next 7 games...

Man Ure (h)

Chelsea (a)

Wolves (h)

West 'Am (a)

Bournemouth (h)

Aston Villa (a)

Man City (h)

I expect "Bruce's Boys" to be well on their way to relegation by the time they play City. Fanks Mike 

Edited by trooper

Asked about the Lesta game Sean Longstaffs reply was...

"It’s embarrassing. It’s f*****g embarrassing. Sorry for swearing, but it is. There’s nothing else to say other than it’s embarrassing.

17 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

Only way we will get rid of the cancer that is ashley is to have multiple relegations and start afresh.  Its the only way he will sell it.

Which is what I've been saying for 2 years now. 

Not a chance will someone pay £300m for NUFC. He's a pig in shit creaming his bit off the top. Relegation / promotion only a blip. He'll invest in getting us back up then take that money back when the first prrm league cheque lands. 

Go down. Stay down. It will take at least 3 seasons until the parachute payments stop. 

I sometimes wonder what opposition fans think when they come on here - presumably they come on expecting to see bravado ahead of games or whatever, and are then bemused to find a group of football nihilists who actively want their club to be relegated and to stay relegated, barely paying any attention to their opponents or the wider footballing world :lol:

Edited by Rayvin
  • Haha 3