Bruce's Cabbage Patch Kids V A Wee Small Club In Manchester

trooper

A lad on some lame Man United YouTube called him the “BTEC Longstaff”

”Longstaff scored passed us, not even the one we wanted to buy, I don’t even know his name, M Longstaff, the BTEC Longstaff”

You know his name now.

• Haha 1

:lol: He’s not heard of him so he must be shite. I can safely say I’ve never saw McTominay nor Fred have a game as good as Matty had today, I’m sure Fred has in the past at some point to justify the fortune they paid for him but he hasn’t while in England afaik. 

In a way that blokes attitude represents them well at the moment, they’re not targeting players who will improve them and fit a system of play, they’re just buying names, Sanchez and Fred were only bought because Guardiola was supposedly in for them etc. 

Hopefully the Longstaffs start the next match as the central midfield pairing. 

Keown described the Longstaffs as Carrick and Scholes. Not sure Gareth Southgate is reading but there’s 30 games of this season to go and those two are your central midfield in the Euros. They’re the perfect platform for Mount, Sterling and Sancho to advance whilst offering protection to our shit centre halves. Fuck off, you’ve had a drink 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Keown described the Longstaffs as Carrick and Scholes. Not sure Gareth Southgate is reading but there’s 30 games of this season to go and those two are your central midfield in the Euros. They’re the perfect platform for Mount, Sterling and Sancho to advance whilst offering protection to our shit centre halves. Fuck off, you’ve had a drink 

More like Iniesta and Xavi .

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

He did.

The stupid cunt. If Shearer doesn't get this, well, nobody else will either. 

It'd be subconsciously difficult not to slip every now and then when everyone else involved in commentary or analysis does it. As much as it's annoying and disrespectful there's legitimate reason for it with Manchester having two premier league teams that are obviously discussed endlessly by the media, so it makes sense that the shorthand versions 'City' and 'United' are so widely used. When they refer to Newcastle on the odd occassion it's obvious who they're talking about. It used to irk me also, but in my advancing age I've let it go.

Also, I'm not suggesting you don't know this, just spelling out my reasons for no longer letting it bother me too much.

Edited by OTF

4 hours ago, Howay said:

In a way that blokes attitude represents them well at the moment, they’re not targeting players who will improve them and fit a system of play, they’re just buying names, Sanchez and Fred were only bought because Guardiola was supposedly in for them etc. 

Was that Pep taking the piss, to wind them up? :) 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

I thought ASM had a decent game too.  Positive and a threat going forward.

I worry we'll be calling him the new Lualua in the future.  He's a definitely threat but his decision making looks like it leaves a lot to be desired.  Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I thought Schar was class yesterday.  Admittedly he lost Slabhead when he should have scored but he made 3 class interventions to stop certain goals for them.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I worry we'll be calling him the new Lualua in the future.  He's a definitely threat but his decision making looks like it leaves a lot to be desired.  Hopefully I'm wrong though.

I thought Schar was class yesterday.  Admittedly he lost Slabhead when he should have scored but he made 3 class interventions to stop certain goals for them.

That clearance from Schar when Rashford was almost certain to score was class.

2 hours ago, David Kelly said:

His run started the move for the goal, his decision to pass to Willems was the right one.

He's definitely a step up from Atsu and his positivity adds a different dimension to the play.

21 hours ago, Renton said:

Anyway. Tell me if we're supposed to enjoy our rare victories or not? Staying up or not?

Apparently we want us to play well, so Bruce doesn't get sacked, so we've got more chance of playing badly, then we have a better chance at getting relegated.

:lol:

Not really what I said mind. My point was a win against Manchester United papers over the cracks like the Brighton, Norwich and Leicester losses, and will likely lead to Bruce keeping his job longer. I don’t expect us to carry on winning games, nor does a win at home against a Manchester United side who were missing big players like Pogba indicate that we will, but again it papers over the cracks and will buy him more time. It was also a post made at a time in the match where it was looking like we could get something out of it, so I was talking about a potential positive of a win even though it was going against getting relegated. As it happens I was pleased to see Longstaff score and always enjoy watching us beat Manchester United. 

We’re currently on relegation form (or hovering slightly above it), and my personal preference is we go down as it’ll cut Ashley off from the PL money. Imo the longer we keep Bruce the more likely we go down. 

If you’d like us to stay up and continue this cycle of Ashley milking the club that’s fine, I know plenty that are simply happy to see PL football, but personally I see relegation and staying down there as a way to get Ashley to sell up. 

Edited by Howay
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Howay said:

Not really what I said mind. My point was a win against Manchester United papers over the cracks like the Brighton, Norwich and Leicester losses, and will likely lead to Bruce keeping his job longer. I don’t expect us to carry on winning games, nor does a win at home against a Manchester United side who were missing big players like Pogba indicate that we will, but again it papers over the cracks and will buy him more time. It was also a post made at a time in the match where it was looking like we could get something out of it, so I was talking about a potential positive of a win even though it was going against getting relegated. As it happens I was pleased to see Longstaff score and always enjoy watching us beat Manchester United. 

We’re currently on relegation form (or hovering slightly above it), and my personal preference is we go down as it’ll cut Ashley off from the PL money. Imo the longer we keep Bruce the more likely we go down. 

If you’d like us to stay up and continue this cycle of Ashley milking the club that’s fine, I know plenty that are simply happy to see PL football, but personally I see relegation and staying down there as a way to get Ashley to sell up. 

I want us to stay in the Premier League simply because all Premier League games are shown on NBCSN or NBCSports Gold here in California and I get to see all Newcastle matches on my big screen TV.

Some Championship games are shown on ESPN+, not all,  and it won't be Newcastle every time, so I want us to stay up regardless of Ashley's antics.