Some questions from a Manchester United forum

Damien

Just now, Damien said:

Congrats to you all, we were shite.

Aye doesn’t look good for your lot, we’re dreadful but weren’t really put under much pressure. Time to take Ole off the wheel and bring in someone like Allegri?

2 hours ago, LooneyToony said:

You know, this reminds me of the time I used to post on an American fantasy football forum back in the day.  No wait, or was it the fantasy Baseball forum?  No, it had to be the fantasy football forum because that was usually during the fall and winter.  I remember just finishing college early that January when the Super Bowl XXXVI was played.  

Was it in January or February that year?  Oh yes, it was January because I remember my cousin Jenny coming over to congratulate me.  But to my surprise, she also confessed that she had always wanted to be a man and was seriously considering gender reassignment surgery.  Imagine my surprise when hearing that news.  

Anyway, Jenny eventually told my Aunt Millie, or was it, Aunt Mildred?   Oh yes, it was Aunt Mildred because she always came over at the end of the month to torment my dad about his obsessive model train building hobby.   Auntie Mildred usually came at the end of the month because that's when her welfare check came in.   After finishing tormenting my poor old dad, she'd march off into her beat-up old car and screech off to the Bingo Halls, haha, good ole Auntie Mildred. But yeah, this reminds me of the time I used to post in this particular fantasy (American) football forum.

I was wondering what had happened to Timmy Mallett

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

No,you are shite.My,you do go down very easy,and stay down .Your matchday medical team must cover some miles in a season.Fake injuries every 20 mins.

Dont worry, Almiron keeps ours busy too

59 minutes ago, Alex said:

I was wondering what had happened to Timmy Mallett

Who the heck is Timmy Mallet?  I had to google him.  Holy cow, that guy is nutty! :icon_lol:

I was trying to think who his equivalent would be on this side of the Atlantic, and the closest I came to was the guy who used to host The Gong Show, without the colorful clothing.

17 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I hate being fair to man u but they had half a dozen out though injury. Thing is you'd think they of all clubs would have a squad to cope better than this mob are. The Glazers have fucked them over royally. 

Since the Glazers have took over they have won;

5 Prem

1 FA Cup 

4 League Cups

6 Charity Shields

1 Europ League

1 Champs League
1 FIFA World Club Cup

So yeh, Fuck you Glazers.

What's fucked them more is Woodward and the fact Fergie left them with a poor team to go forward.  

Ferguson left 6 years ago though. They’ve had 4 managers since (excluding Giggs). I’m far from his number 1 fan but it looks like he was the one holding things together.

That said, the fans actively campaigned to get rid of Magnier and McManus. A move which saw the Glazers get their controlling stake in the club. A case of being careful what you wish for in hindsight 

Woodward  has kept all the shareholders happy by increasing the commercial revenue by a gazillion%. In that regard he's been a huge success. The Glazers are ultimately responsible for appointing him and all the managers since Fergie. They've also loaded the club with debt due to the leavarged buyout in the first instance and then skimmed millions out of the club and stuffed it into their back pockets. They've gone from all conquering with zero debt a decade ago to being a shareholders dividend paradise with no real need for sporting success due to the sheer financial power of the Manchester United brand. They, a bit like us, don't really exist for sporting reasons any longer. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Alex said:

Ferguson left 6 years ago though. They’ve had 4 managers since (excluding Giggs). I’m far from his number 1 fan but it looks like he was the one holding things together.

That said, the fans actively campaigned to get rid of Magnier and McManus. A move which saw the Glazers get their controlling stake in the club. A case of being careful what you wish for in hindsight 

Fergie took them on and lost. Who knows what would've happened if everything had remained stable at board level. 

• Like 2

Oh yeh.  They didnt give Moyes time at all.  Then Neville yesterday was moaning about Jose not winning stuff and Souness laughed when he pointed out the Europa league.

Little Ole looked waaaaaaay out of depth yesterday in the presser after the match.

They've spent the guts of £900m since Fergie left and they've ended up with mostly shite. Woodward has done a great job with them financially but has failed in every other way. Why they don't move him to a finance role and get someone who knows a bit more about football in is beyond me.

Appointing Ole when they did was foolish, they had no reason not to wait until the end of the season. Whether he's good enough or not there were obviously gaping holes in their squad that weren't addressed. Most managers are going to struggle with that.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Fish said:

Should have pursued Pochettino more.

I think they are waiting for him to get sacked by Spurs first (and he seems to be doing his best there).

15 hours ago, ewerk said:

Appointing Ole when they did was foolish, they had no reason not to wait until the end of the season. Whether he's good enough or not there were obviously gaping holes in their squad that weren't addressed. Most managers are going to struggle with that.

It was foolish, and he is clearly not good enough.  Long may he reign :)