Some questions from a Manchester United forum

Damien

On 10/6/2019 at 18:28, Howay said:

Aye doesn’t look good for your lot, we’re dreadful but weren’t really put under much pressure. Time to take Ole off the wheel and bring in someone like Allegri?

Either Allegri or Wenger as caretaker manager. Personally, I think Allegri has got his heart set on succeeding Pochettino at Spurs and apparently he doesn't want to move until the summer.

On 10/6/2019 at 19:03, wykikitoon said:

Whats your thoughts?  Would you want to stick with him at the Wheel?

Nah, the time has gone. As PaddockLad said, we did have a few injuries (Shaw, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Pogba, Martial from our starting XI, Lingard, Jones and Bailly from the squad) but that is no excuse when before the season even started it was clear that we needed at least another midfielder and a couple more attacking players. Instead, Herrera went along with Lukaku and Sanchez and all we did was bring in James who should have been eased in as a squad player but instead he's been thrust into the starting lineup.  Was clear before the season started that we'd do poorly.

When Ole first came in, we did well then it fell apart. Was stupid to appoint him as permanent manager when we did - the only reason I can think is Molde's season was about to start and their owner wanted to know Ole's future so they could plan their season. The final few months of our season after he was announced as permanent manager were dire.

Only nice thing I can say is that compared to Van Gaal and Mourinho who were obsessed with starting Rooney and Matic respectively when they were clearly past it, he has changed players in the lineup when they're not working. Examples being putting Martial up top instead of Rashford, Tuanzebe playing over Lindelof, dropping Lingard from the starting lineup... basically the minimum you'd expect from any manager but Van Gaal and Mourinho really were stubborn with who they played. Downside with him being everything else.

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Damien said:

Either Allegri or Wenger as caretaker manager. Personally, I think Allegri has got his heart set on succeeding Pochettino at Spurs and apparently he doesn't want to move until the summer.

Nah, the time has gone. As PaddockLad said, we did have a few injuries (Shaw, Lindelof, Wan-Bissaka, Pogba, Martial from our starting XI, Lingard, Jones and Bailly from the squad) but that is no excuse when before the season even started it was clear that we needed at least another midfielder and a couple more attacking players. Instead, Herrera went along with Lukaku and Sanchez and all we did was bring in James who should have been eased in as a squad player but instead he's been thrust into the starting lineup.  Was clear before the season started that we'd do poorly.

When Ole first came in, we did well then it fell apart. Was stupid to appoint him as permanent manager when we did - the only reason I can think is Molde's season was about to start and their owner wanted to know Ole's future so they could plan their season. The final few months of our season after he was announced as permanent manager were dire.

Only nice thing I can say is that compared to Van Gaal and Mourinho who were obsessed with starting Rooney and Matic respectively when they were clearly past it, he has changed players in the lineup when they're not working. Examples being putting Martial up top instead of Rashford, Tuanzebe playing over Lindelof, dropping Lingard from the starting lineup... basically the minimum you'd expect from any manager but Van Gaal and Mourinho really were stubborn with who they played. Downside with him being everything else.

It's mad how they appointed him.  But if thats the case re Molde, that sort of makes sense.  They should have at least made it to the end of the season than assess.

He looked stunned and I think he's right.  Get beat v Liverpool and I think he's finished.  He sounded so defeated after the game and it's very understandable.  But it was his tone and his mannerisms I was surprised at.  He may as well say he was shit, his teams shit and he's way out of his depth.

You know when a manager is struggling when he mentions the amount of injuries he has then says he's not using injuries as an excuse.Young not playing up front to win pens and free kicks through diving hasn't helped their cause.VAR isn't perfect but diving in and around the box isn't as common as it was a couple of seasons ago.It's definitely fucked up Alli at Tottenham.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Almiron needs to cut it out because one of these days he's going to be fouled in the box and no penalty will be awarded.

If only there was a system in place for resolving that issue

• Haha 3