player of the season

Pilchard Chops

Parker

Emre

Solano

Did anyone see the marks in the Sunday Sun? The gave Solano MOM and Parker only got a 7. He was absolutely awsome and there must be something wrong if King or Ferdinand got a place in Englands midfield ahead of him.

They only gave Baba a 5 too. He may not have been out of this world but I don't think you could mark any of the team so low for Saturday.

Edited by David Kelly

Parker

Emre

Solano

Did anyone see the marks in the Sunday Sun?  The gave Solano MOM and Parker only got a 7.  He was absolutely awsome and there must be something wrong if King or Ferdinand got a place in Englands midfield ahead of him.

They only gave Baba a 5 too.  He may not have been out of this world but I don't think you could mark any of the team so low for Saturday.

89614[/snapback]

Aye I noticed that as well. Idiots.

Parker

Emre

Solano

Did anyone see the marks in the Sunday Sun?  The gave Solano MOM and Parker only got a 7.  He was absolutely awsome and there must be something wrong if King or Ferdinand got a place in Englands midfield ahead of him.[/

...which is one of the reasons why I'm not convinced about Eriksson as manager. I know you can't directly compare national teams and club football, but judging from his England tenure, he really has his favourites and he sticks with certain players for too long no matter what (Heskey?). Shola would probably get the number 9 shirt...

Edited by Bombadil

I know what you mean but isn't that a problem with nearly all managers?

Souness stuck wirh Boumsong no matter how poorly he has played, Robson played Jenas every games despite some truely awful runs, even the likes of Alex Fergusson have had times when he stubbornly refuses to admit he's wrong and keeps someone in who just isn't doing it.

I suppose what's important is long it takes you realise your mistake and how much the mistake costs. Boumsong has cost us countless goals and points this season but all Eriksson's decisions have been reasonably sucsessfull (baring in mind he's took England to three major tournamant in a row). Being an international manager your not working with the players day in day out so arguably it's a bit more difficult to realise the need for change. Especially if you are continuing to win games.

You're right about every manager having his favourites. Robson's insistence on playing Jenas used to annoy the hell out of me. You'd think, though, that it would be easier for national team managers to be relatively objective about their team selection, whereas club manages are under pressure to play the expensive signings they've made.

Judging from the newspapers, Eriksson is someone Fat Fred is looking at and he's certainly a massive step up from the candidates last time around.

Can't argue with that but of course by not seeing a player everyday don't get the same knowlege of how they're performing. The singing point if definitely one I agree with though.

It was good to see the fat mans comments about how in the past they thought we needed an British manager but this time around they need to make a more considered choice. Suggests the likes of Eriksson, Hitzfeld, Hiddink ect may be possibilities and hopefully we don't need to worry about the prospect of Bruce or Vennables so much. You never know he might actually appoint someone who is just the anntidote to the previous manager for once.