a match today... one team v another

thebrokendoll

If Carroll didn't have a caveman skull that could have caused some serious damage. When they were cracking down on that sort of thing last season I wouldn't have been surprised for a red card to be shown.

4 minutes ago, Howay said:

Aye, ASM especially has been all over sides in recent weeks, Almirons pace is a constant problem as well. As you say it’s just a shame neither of them can finish. 

It's a shame they don't have Rondon between them. I'd happily have used the Perez money to sign ASM and Rondon permanently. 

I still think ASM and Almiron will find their shooting boots

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It's a shame they don't have Rondon between them. I'd happily have used the Perez money to sign ASM and Rondon permanently. 

I still think ASM and Almiron will find their shooting boots

Agreed, I like Joelinton but just think it’s going to take a while for him to find his feet but as you say Rondon would be great for them as his hold up and link play was brilliant. 

I think they’ll get some goals as well, they really do need one to just go in as they’ve both got okay goal scoring records and they are getting in the right positions (which is the usual problem for a sharp drop in goals if you’re stepping up to a better quality league)

After their goal we were clearly the better side. Deserved victory, there was some excellent effort out there including the most aggressive and coordinated closing down I've seen from us in a long time.

Good match that, most I’ve enjoyed watching us in a while tbh. Fair play to Bruce he set them up to go at what most consider a better side and it paid off. 

Thought Yedlin and Fernandez had really good games, and obviously ASM and Almiron really caused problems for Bournemouth. Think Shelvey has been playing really well but with him there’s always that worry he’s simply doing it for a new contract and will then go back to not bothering. 

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

After their goal we were clearly the better side. Deserved victory, there was some excellent effort out there including the most aggressive and coordinated closing down I've seen from us in a long time.

Agree they looked like they really wanted it today. I think ASM is a good leader as he seems to run everything down which seems to make others try to match that intensity. 

• Like 1

We deserved that but on the flip side, couldn't point to anyone else but ourselves had we let that slip at the end. Had plenty of chances again but it's getting almost embarrassing when they inevitably miss. They seem decent enough lads and are clearly trying so obviously hope they get off the mark or add to his only goal in joelinton's case.

2 minutes ago, Howay said:

Agree they looked like they really wanted it today. I think ASM is a good leader as he seems to run everything down which seems to make others try to match that intensity. 

He definitely brings an energy into the team. Hope he can continue to do that, and of course start scoring too.

Do

Just now, Howmanheyman said:

We deserved that but on the flip side, couldn't point to anyone else but ourselves had we let that slip at the end. Had plenty of chances again but it's getting almost embarrassing when they inevitably miss. They seem decent enough lads and are clearly trying so obviously hope they get off the mark or add to his only goal in joelinton's case.

Difference between ASM/Almiron and Joelinton, is Joelinton doesn't even look like scoring atm. His head has dropped massively in front of goal, whereas the other 2 are still ripping teams apart despite being goalshy

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Do

Difference between ASM/Almiron and Joelinton, is Joelinton doesn't even look like scoring atm. His head has dropped massively in front of goal, whereas the other 2 are still ripping teams apart despite being goalshy

Aye, he's the most worrying. 

Give him a chance, are you watching Rafa.:)

Wonderful, wonderful feeling, chuffed to fuck.:)

Hard to believe we didn't score more. Harder to believe that our last 5 goals have come from the back four.

Next game is also winnable, maybe our so-called strikers will shut us up.

15 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Yedlin and Willems both help on the wings too. Willems is a snip at £10mil

The former is better as a wingback too. Less defensive responsibility, where his positioning and decision-making can let him down. Also means his pace and engine can come to the fore which are comfortably his best assets