Vile Cunts v Bruce's Band of Bastards

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

He was creating havoc and involved creating a lot of opportunities as well as goals. He was a totally different player playing through center or coming from the left wing.

His pace is an asset and running with the ball in dangerous areas is always useful, but again despite all that he neither scored or assisted despite getting in the areas to do it. It was Perez and Rondon who were carrying the weight of our attack the second half of last season.

Almiron looked a real prospect in the first few games for us. He looks completely shot now. Would probably benefit from a spell on the bench if we had anyone better to replace him. 

I would bench Joelinton mind. What a waste of £40m he is turning out to be. That through ball he played at the end of the game summed up his season.

6 hours ago, Noelie said:

That about sums up my feelings, it's the Newcastle way when everything looks primo,  with a great opportunity to move into the top 10.

No strike force, no goals, no points, no top 10, NO FUCKING JOY.

Absolutely dismal performance by most, lucky it wasn't worse than 2 nowt.

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

His pace is an asset and running with the ball in dangerous areas is always useful, but again despite all that he neither scored or assisted despite getting in the areas to do it. It was Perez and Rondon who were carrying the weight of our attack the second half of last season.

Almiron’s arrival massively freed those two up though and was the catalyst for our change in fortunes last season. His movement created loads of space for the other two, despite lack of goals or assists. The situation this season is totally different. His lack of contribution has gone to his head and his decision making and touch look awful now. 

How we should have spent the £20m or whatever it was for Rondon instead of spunking all that cash on Joelinton.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Almiron looked a real prospect in the first few games for us. He looks completely shot now. Would probably benefit from a spell on the bench if we had anyone better to replace him. 

I would bench Joelinton mind. What a waste of £40m he is turning out to be. That through ball he played at the end of the game summed up his season.

Atsu has looked decent when he's come on in a few games this season. He can't be any worse than Almiron at the minute. But Bruce dinosaur that he is will likely persist with him as long as his running stats are high.

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Almiron’s arrival massively freed those two up though and was the catalyst for our change in fortunes last season. His movement created loads of space for the other two, despite lack of goals or assists. The situation this season is totally different. His lack of contribution has gone to his head and his decision making and touch look awful now. 

How we should have spent the £20m or whatever it was for Rondon instead of spunking all that cash on Joelinton.

His decision making and touch was never good mate. With his pace and the amount of chances he's had he would have scored or assisted long before now when Rafa was in charge.

Completely disagree. He looked loads better last season. The longer he’s gone without a goal, the poorer he’s looked. He’s a confidence player. I don’t know if it’ll happen for him with us but I’ve seen enough to think it might still.

• Like 1

He’s the kind of player I reckon keegan would get the most out of 

I’ve never seen anything in Atsu to suggest he has similar potential. Not that I disagree about rotating them 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Completely disagree. He looked loads better last season. The longer he’s gone without a goal, the poorer he’s looked. He’s a confidence player. I don’t know if it’ll happen for him with us but I’ve seen enough to think it might still.

Agree to disagree then, but personally I think that while he was getting into better areas his touch and decision making haven't declined all that much from last season. He had plenty of opportunities in the opposition box last season where he could have either scored if he had a cooler head or passed to a teammate for an easy goal. 

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

You’d think you German lads would know which was which.…

:outahere:

Nah, we don't use left and right. We only ever ask which side is facing to Poland...

Edited by Isegrim
  • Haha 3

Atrocious. No ideas, no energy, that midfield two were a waste of space. Shelvey spent all game watching Grealish stream past him and the full backs weren't much better. Almiron needs dropped; at this point, he'd probably regain more confidence by being an impact sub when St. Maximin tires. Carroll looked like a pissed pantomime horse and Gayle is nowhere near up to speed to the point where Muto would probably be a better option off the bench. Well beaten by a side who had a far more clear plan of how to hurt us and put in the graft to knock us out of our stride early. Shite.

4 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

How long does he have to go without scoring or assisting and or tripping over his feet whenever he's in the box for you to lose faith? That's a genuine question not a rhetorical one. As I said in another comment when he was playing under Rafa he was still losing his head every time he got anywhere near the goal. And I don't see how he's under a huge amount of pressure on the basis of the system.

I'd want to see him playing in a system that works for the team as a whole. I mean he's been getting (and making his own) chances. His dynamism and direct running should be scaring teams but he's fluffing his lines. He's a good player imo, I just think that when Bruce fucks about with the system (or the team doesn't play well) his limitations are laid bare. 

We should be playing 3 CBs, two WBs, a screen and a box to box midfield. That foundation should give ASM, Almiron and Joelinton more support and the freedom to attack. Shelvey way too keen on picking up the ball on the edge of the box

12 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I'd want to see him playing in a system that works for the team as a whole. I mean he's been getting (and making his own) chances. His dynamism and direct running should be scaring teams but he's fluffing his lines. He's a good player imo, I just think that when Bruce fucks about with the system (or the team doesn't play well) his limitations are laid bare. 

We should be playing 3 CBs, two WBs, a screen and a box to box midfield. That foundation should give ASM, Almiron and Joelinton more support and the freedom to attack. Shelvey way too keen on picking up the ball on the edge of the box

Well again he had ten appearances under Rafa and his limitations seemed apparent then as well. It just happened to be the case that people were willing to give him some time. That time has come and gone for me. I'd like to be wrong but I can't see him improving all that much regardless of where he plays or who the midfield two are. There's a cool headedness when an attacking player gets into the box that separates good players from average to poor ones and Almiron just doesn't seem to have it at premier league level.