Mr Potato Heads Lads V The Blue Mancs

trooper

RTG's match thread on us is a thing of absolute beauty. Fewwwm. Every fucking comment about us from the commentators pounced on as ever. 'Do they not love a striker in the midlands?' 'Fucking Barcelona fans not bothered when messi scores?' Bless them, they're funny and bitter as fuck. :lol: :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Hayden for the second goal aye,I agree with you.Nee better example this season.

plus the Man City players for Shelvey's, also the officials, and the Swiss and the Moon.

I'm wondering why Schar is not getting any game-time, he's been on the bench for 2 games now.

Is Carroll injured, he wasn't on the bench.

Joelinton continues to be a non-scorer, as does Almiron but at least he provided the assist for Willem's well taken goal.

Our 3 man strike-force is like a wet box of Swan Vestas, thank heavens for our defensive goal scorers.

1 minute ago, Noelie said:

I'm wondering why Schar is not getting any game-time, he's been on the bench for 2 games now.

Is Carroll injured, he wasn't on the bench.

Joelinton continues to be a non-scorer, as does Almiron but at least he provided the assist for Willem's well taken goal.

Our 3 man strike-force is like a wet box of Swan Vestas, thank heavens for our defensive goal scorers.

Schar is coming back from injury

Carroll is injured

Don't fear Google, it is your friend.

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Bruce credited the assist for the first goal to Saint-Maximin. Poor Almiron can't catch a break. :lol:

Great build up and strike from Jetro, seems to be a good signing so far.

Edited by Anorthernsoul

Thought we deserved a point but Man City were pretty fucking dreadful tbf. On just about any other day, they'd have tucked us away with the Jesus and Sterling chances in the second half. Still, you take your luck when it comes and we did. Shelvey had one of his rare games where he actually grafted but it just served to highlight how anonymous Hayden is nowadays; Sean Longstaff has to be in for Thursday even if I can understand not wanting to change the team. If Maximin can add some end product, he'll be away for about £50 million in the summer; for now, he's an amazing dribbler and puts entire teams on the back foot but I'm not sure he's made the right decision yet when he's had sight of the posts. As much as Fernandez and Clark have done well, I'd be throwing Schar and Lejeune straight back in when they're fit. With this system, the centre halves are touching the ball far more than the midfield so we might as well put the best two ball-playing defenders back in the team since I'm almost sure we'd see an actual improvement immediately.  

Also, this was probably the one game where i'd have kept Joelinton on since he was getting a bit of joy against Fernandinho so, of course, he got subbed off so Gayle could just run about for half an hour. What a waste of a sub at 1-1

Edited by Ayatollah Hermione
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Noelie said:

Maybe so, but the fact he has been on the bench now for 2 games must mean he is available to play.

Available to take some part, but clearly not ready to start.

14 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Struggle to fathom why Willems was warming the bench at Eintracht 

Because they had signed Kostic who was picked ahead of him on the left side. They had a decent season too.

20 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

If we ever find ourselves safe from relegation Ashley could order Brucey to put him on the bench so a lower fee can be negotiated.

Doubt his missing the last two games would have much impact on that