The Official 19/20 Cup Run

Ayatollah Hermione

My uncle gave me the match programme from the 55 cup final. He was behind the goal was Milburn scored after a minute.

Just imagine my memories if we win it.

”aye lad I remember watching that one on YouTube, alone”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

My uncle gave me the match programme from the 55 cup final. He was behind the goal was Milburn scored after a minute.

You're never alone with Twitter and the internet mate. When you tell your grandkids in the future perhaps that will be least surprising aspect of your memories. Joelinton scoring the winner however...;)

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Home advantage against Man City counting for diddly squat now.

The league game coming up against them is being moved to a neutral venue. Not sure if the FA will follow suit? 🤔

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

The league game coming up against them is being moved to a neutral venue. Not sure if the FA will follow suit? 🤔

How the fuck does that work? :lol:

'You can be home to them, you keep home advantage against those, Newcastle v Man City? Neutral venue. Fuck them uppity Geordie cunts.'

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Me dad watched it under the kitchen table at a neighbour’s in Rochester Dwellings in Walker because they were  one of the only people that had a telly round there. I won a dvd of it in some competition on Newcastle-Online fucking ages ago. It looked slow in fast forward. I’ve also got a dvd of when Real Madrid best Eintract Frankfurt at Hamden Park in 1960. Considering it’s only 5 years later you would think they were playing a different sport 

Edited by Alex

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Me dad watched it under the kitchen table at a neighbour’s in Rochester Dwellings in Walker because they were  one of the only people that had a telly round there. I won a dvd of it in some competition on Newcastle-Online fucking ages ago. It looked slow in fast forward. I’ve also got a dvd of when Real Madrid best Eintract Frankfurt at Hamden Park in 1960. Considering it’s only 5 years later you would think they were playing a different sport 

Strange that because my uncle was also at Real Madrid vs Eintract Frankfurt & he gave me that program too :lol: 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Alex said:

That’s a canny pair of programmes to have gotten and games to have gone to mind 

Yeh he went to a few class ones & gave a lot of programmes away, I got the remainder of the collection.

The first of which is this :

https://www.thenationalfootballcollection.org.uk/great-britain-vs-rest-of-europe-may-1947/

:lol: 

(Lots or random FA Cup finals in there too & a lot England games at Wembley)

• Like 1

The notion of home advantage is a bit of a weird one when there isn't going to be fans in the stadium's. My concept of home advantage was primarily that having the greater number of fans you create a hostile environment for the opposition team. The way players are generally pampered now it's not as if they are shooting down the motorway to an away ground in a clapped out bus, and in any case the opposition team will likely have a similar distance to travel, depending on how they work it.

Edited by Polarboy

14 hours ago, Alex said:

My dad tried to watch the 55 final at his granny's house as she was one of the very few who had a TV in Byker. The trouble is he had two grandmothers, one who was lovely and one who hated him and was horrible and preferred my late uncle who was a bit of a waste of space. Guess which granny had the TV? :lol: The TV had only just warmed up before my old man was discovered and chased out. My dad's not a bitter or resentful man at all and rarely speaks ill of others he knows but an old teacher and one TV owning granny always get it in the neck if the subject ever comes up.  

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Polarboy said:

The notion of home advantage is a bit of a weird one when there isn't going to be fans in the stadium's. My concept of home advantage was primarily that having the greater number of fans you create a hostile environment for the opposition team. The way players are generally pampered now it's not as if they are shooting down the motorway to an away ground in a clapped out bus, and in any case the opposition team will likely have a similar distance to travel, depending on how they work it.

Only 19% of Bundesliga games have been home wins since games resumed after lockdown 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11994364/bundesliga-results-suggest-premier-league-home-advantage-will-be-wiped-out

• Like 1