Mr Potato Heeds Lads v The Wilder the Better

wykikitoon

Newcastle make their first competitive visit to Bramall Lane for a decade this coming Thursday night, facing the Blades in a 7.30pm kick-off.  All 2,865 away section tickets have been sold, with Magpies followers accommodated in the lower tier of West Stand aka Redbrik Estate Agency Stand.

NUFC: Jamaal Lascelles and Matt Ritchie remain sidelined, while Andy Carroll is also unavailable. News of DeAndre Yedlin's fitness is awaited. 

SUFC: Chris Wilder's side were held 1-1 at Wolves on Sunday, a third consecutive draw extending their unbeaten league run to seven matches.

Their home form has been mixed so far; winning three times (Palace 1-0, Arsenal 1-0, Burnley 3-0), drawing once (3-3 Manchester United) and losing three times (1-2 Leicester, 0-1 Southampton and 0-1 Liverpool).

Referee: Stuart Atwell (Warwickshire) A third game of the season so far in charge of us and they've all been away from home.  Beginning with the 1-3 loss at Norwich City, Atwell then returned for our 3-2 success at West Ham. Andre Marriner mans the VAR controls.

.com

In this rare Thursday night Premiership game, I can't see Bruce's men "steeling" any points as Sheffield "forge" ahead & "press" on in their quest for a European place. Sheffield will have the "bar"set too high. In their well "galvanised" team. Newcastle will hand the games to Sheffield on a "plate" as Newcastles "slag" of a manager looks on helpless. 2-0

P.S. Can someone delete my Men Of Steel match thread cheers

Trooper

Edited by trooper
  • Jaysus... 1

Can't believe this thread was started on Tuesday, and the last posting was on Tuesday too, and we're just a couple of hours away from kickoff.

Can't believe there has only been 4 postings, all on Tuesday, and now 5 with mine, WTF.

On 03/12/2019 at 17:50, trooper said:

In this rare Thursday night Premiership game, I can't see Bruce's men "steeling" any points as Sheffield "forge" ahead & "press" on in their quest for a European place. Sheffield will have the "bar"set too high. In their well "galvanised" team. Newcastle will hand the games to Sheffield on a "plate" as Newcastles "slag" of a manager looks on helpless. 2-0

Trooper

Fork off

• Haha 3

On 12/3/2019 at 09:50, trooper said:

Trooper

The lads will have to show some metal to put Sheffield to the sword tonight.

These can be vulnerable from a counter attack if the Man U came is anything to go by but we've never looked like catching them at all. We're lucky they haven't scored tbh but saying that we can get them on the break but the will's got to be there to do it! :D