Jump to content
wykikitoon

Mr Potato Heeds Lads v The Wilder the Better

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Joelinton is dog shit

 

He's completely bereft of...well anything as far as I can see. Its like he doesn't know how to be a footballer.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re riding our luck massively, Dubravka is keeping us afloat in games but he should get some credit for realising that Rafa is a better manager and decided to revert to his system after an embarrassing attempt at whatever he was trying to do pre-Leicester.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye again Dubravka pulled some great saves off.


Sheff Yoo didnt take their chances in the first half, simples.  Sharp the little wanker could have easily been sent off if he had stayed on.

 

It's when things need changing Bruce doesn't have a clue.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Bruce better be careful....

 

God forbid he gets some credit. 

 

Great result. 

Great result, but what credit?

The result is a fluke. There could have been no complaints in losing by a couple of goals.

Rather than demanding praise for Bruce you should praise the heroics from Dibravka...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Aye again Dubravka pulled some great saves off.


Sheff Yoo didnt take their chances in the first half, simples.  Sharp the little wanker could have easily been sent off if he had stayed on.

 

It's when things need changing Bruce doesn't have a clue.  

 

He has limited options to be fair. The system was working and needed fresh legs. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sheff United twitter is in meltdown and it is hilarious. 

 

We've managed a few good results over the last couple of years by playing like this and the post game is always fun :lol:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Wilder having a paddy because his players don’t know how to play to the whistle :lol: Diddums

Fucking reading out his CV. "From milk monitor at primary school to sixth form prefect the game has changed"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing that has to be said is great effort from almost everyone, and some credit to Bruce for quickly realising that the lads were more comfortable in the set up and tactics Rafa was using. Fortunately that set up pretty much nullified Sheff Utd's big strengths as a team. Secondly as much as Almiron frustrates me he at least brings effort, great defensive cover and work, and he carries the ball with pace up the pitch. Joelinton on the other hand, apart from that bright moment against Spurs and a decent assist against the 'ammers has been absolute shite. I could understand if he wasn't really suited to or used to being a target man given he hadn't played centrally for most of his career, but he can't even run defences without tripping over his feet. Perhaps he's just devoid of confidence but I don't see any signs of how or if he'll turn this around. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour about his actual fee being 20m down and then 18m extra if we win a European competition, which of course is a joke proposition under Ashley, is true. 20m is still far too much on current evidence.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

First thing that has to be said is great effort from almost everyone, and some credit to Bruce for quickly realising that the lads were more comfortable in the set up and tactics Rafa was using. Fortunately that set up pretty much nullified Sheff Utd's big strengths as a team. Secondly as much as Almiron frustrates me he at least brings effort, great defensive cover and work, and he carries the ball with pace up the pitch. Joelinton on the other hand, apart from that bright moment against Spurs and a decent assist against the 'ammers has been absolute shite. I could understand if he wasn't really suited to or used to being a target man given he hadn't played centrally for most of his career, but he can't even run defences without tripping over his feet. Perhaps he's just devoid of confidence but I don't see any signs of how or if he'll turn this around. I wouldn't be surprised if the rumour about his actual fee being 20m down and then 18m extra if we win a European competition, which of course is a joke proposition under Ashley, is true. 20m is still far too much on current evidence.

 

The commentator said he played as a winger at Hoffenheim :lol:

 

Maybe for their reserves, he's not good enough. You just know the move is breaking down once he gets it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

 

The commentator said he played as a winger at Hoffenheim :lol:

 

Maybe for their reserves, he's not good enough. You just know the move is breaking down once he gets it.

Yeah he was playing wide in a front three. The thing is given his physique you'd expect him to be more than capable of leading the line, but he looks like Bambi on ice.

Edited by Polarboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is difficult to play as a lone front man when your nearest support is 30 yards away mind. I think there is a player in joelinton but he needs more support from midfield. He won’t get it in this system.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, strawb said:

Is difficult to play as a lone front man when your nearest support is 30 yards away mind. I think there is a player in joelinton but he needs more support from midfield. He won’t get it in this system.

I accept that he's been isolated but every time he does get a chance to run at the opposition defence he looks woeful. His hold up play has also been more than a little suspect, but I would be willing to give him a pass on that given he hasn't played in that position before in his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


Recent tweets

Toontastic Facebook

Donate to Toontastic

Keeping the lights on since... well ages ago
TT-Staff


×