First game advice

Barrs

Hi,

My ten year old daughter has a soft spot for the Toon, so I've decided to take her to her first game against Everton and was looking for some pointers/advice on the following;

A good Italian for lunch come dinner.

Child friendly pubs in and around the ground. Having last been to a Newcastle game some 8 years ago, are children allowed in the bar at the stadium?

Any other ideas or suggestions that would enhance or make memorable her first experience would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Panis on High Bridge has always been great with kids when I’ve been there with mine, and the food is a step above your run-of-the-mill Italians. Not massively pricey either. 
An alternative to a restaurant is the Grainger Market, which has the best pizza stall in Newcastle ( Slice), Burgers at Meat Stack, and Greek, Chinese Noodle bar, and other cafes etc. 

If it’s just you and your daughter going, I wouldn’t bother with a half time pint- you won’t have time to queue for whatever snack/drink your daughter wants, and then get served at the bars. 

Hope she enjoys her first match :nufc:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Panis on High Bridge has always been great with kids when I’ve been there with mine, and the food is a step above your run-of-the-mill Italians. Not massively pricey either. 
An alternative to a restaurant is the Grainger Market, which has the best pizza stall in Newcastle ( Slice), Burgers at Meat Stack, and Greek, Chinese Noodle bar, and other cafes etc. 

If it’s just you and your daughter going, I wouldn’t bother with a half time pint- you won’t have time to queue for whatever snack/drink your daughter wants, and then get served at the bars. 

Hope she enjoys her first match :nufc:

Slice is the same people who’ve got Pizzeria Italia at four lane ends I think. Well nice 

Edited by Alex
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aye, I’ve heard that. 
Will definitely have to give it a go as Fist Jr. would sell his granny for pizza from Slice :lol:  

It’s really nice and not expensive either. For lunch you get a slice of pizza for less than £3 which is quarter of a 16 inch pizza. Worth ordering ahead of an evening as it gets pretty busy especially on a Friday or Saturday  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Barrs said:

Hi,

My ten year old daughter has a soft spot for the Toon, so I've decided to take her to her first game against Everton and was looking for some pointers/advice on the following;

A good Italian for lunch come dinner.

Child friendly pubs in and around the ground. Having last been to a Newcastle game some 8 years ago, are children allowed in the bar at the stadium?

Any other ideas or suggestions that would enhance or make memorable her first experience would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

I'd echo Monkey Fist, plus the walk from Panis to St James' should get her excited for the match as there'll be a sea of people heading that way.

• Like 1

Thanks all for the advice, it's much appreciated.

I'm really looking forward to it, get into Newcastle from Edinburgh just after half 11, so got plenty of time to soak it up.

The game will be interesting seeing as Ancelotti has been appointed, although I was hoping to see big Dunc being a Scot myself.

If you guys think you have got it bad try supporting and watching Aberdeen... murder polis!

One final question  if we go to Panis, will there be any bars en route you'd recommend or would it be best to head to the Nine Bar?

Thanks again.