The game today v (checks notes)..... Everton.

Howmanheyman

This game has hardly been different to the last couple of months. We might even have played better than most of recent games.

The main problem is that we are not in control of the play, neither in defending nor attacking. We just rely on the opposition wasting chances and being successful from set pieces ourselves. Our league position is not a reflection of the performances tbh.

• Like 2

I hope nobody is counting on a carefully managed squad looking fresh and hoovering up points in the run-in like we're used to. He's crying on about the festive period fucking the squad. Playing Lejeune in all 3 games when he's just had a major injury is shocking stuff.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

I hope nobody is counting on a carefully managed squad looking fresh and hoovering up points in the run-in like we're used to. He's crying on about the festive period fucking the squad. Playing Lejeune in all 3 games when he's just had a major injury is shocking stuff.

A Pardew/Carver style run could be on the cards, we've some tricky fixtures coming up and like you it wouldn't surprise me if the wheels come off a bit in the latter part of the season but I'm not that arsed as Jeff and the boys on Sky are happier with Steve than Rafa so I'm cush at the minute. :ok:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sonatine said:

:lol:

He's not wrong though. They had a mad 20 seconds where the crowd cheered every player that closed Everton down, the midfield all got pulled out of position, we got caught on the break and 2 passes later we've lost the game. 

We had 20 shots, 2 stonewall penalties turned down and their opener came off a wrongly called corner. I can't fault the XI on the pitch today. Atsu and Gayle are hopeless though 

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's not wrong though. They had a mad 20 seconds where the crowd cheered every player that closed Everton down, the midfield all got pulled out of position, we got caught on the break and 2 passes later we've lost the game. 

We had 20 shots, 2 stonewall penalties turned down and their opener came off a wrongly called corner. I can't fault the XI on the pitch today. Atsu and Gayle are hopeless though 

I blame the fans.

It’s the manager’s role to drill positional discipline. The brainless pressing that led to the second goal was unforgivable and would never have happened under rafa.   

• Like 1

I blame you fuckers for not starting a thread and leaving it to me to do it after KO. Pretty sure we've lost every time I've started them though I rarely do it. But, aye, headless chickens sprinting to close down and getting done on the break giving Steve Pardew the chance to give the crowd excuse. The thing is we could've quite as easily got something from that game but you flip it and say we could've just as easily drew or got beat in some of our wins. The only very slight silver lining is I get over our defeats a bit quicker than before because I get annoyed at being annoyed. It's Mike Ashley's club, he's killing it, we're not built to strive, you've rapped your ticket because you won't give him your money, don't give him your time being pissed off by defeat. Easier said than done but it's getting easier than before. Fanks, Mike. :good:

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

So much for the game you were watching but what’s your opinion about Newcastle’s performance?

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Noelie said:

Man the bilge pumps, serious leakage, ship is sinking, Santa nowhere to be found.:(:(

Un-happy, un-merry Christmastime.:(:(

Another winnable game doon the netty.:mad::mad::mad:

I hope you’re taking the piss, young un. Honestly, it’s not worth getting too annoyed about. We’re an absolute fucking shell of a club

• Like 1

13 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Our goal was from a soft free kick and we are shit. I don't even know what we're trying to do when I watch us now. No game plan, just pick a team and hope for the best

I think Joelinton has looked better the last two games and Carroll looks fitter and better than I expected. However, even allowing for the limited options, it’s plain as day they’re not a good partnership. 

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

I think Joelinton has looked better the last two games and Carroll looks fitter and better than I expected. However, even allowing for the limited options, it’s plain as day they’re not a good partnership. 

I can barely believe we aren't rooted to the bottom with such a poor goal return from forward players. It's the main reason why I expect the wheels to come off, our defenders can't be expected to keep on scoring.

23 hours ago, Alex said:

At least Uglymackems can put his passport away 

It's on a boil wash. 

Some tricky games coming up where we'll get very little imho (maybe play with 11 men by giving joelinton away to anyone who will take him) He's embarrassingly poor and I've got not one single clue as to how he gets a start. 

4 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

It's on a boil wash. 

Some tricky games coming up where we'll get very little imho (maybe play with 11 men by giving joelinton away to anyone who will take him) He's embarrassingly poor and I've got not one single clue as to how he gets a start. 

Careful, some people could take that as a criticism of Bruce