tudor brown sauce v walkers pickled onion

thebrokendoll

15 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Not every player we have has just come back from a months long injury and is having to play every game because our other defenders are injured. How many times do I have to point out the specifics before it sinks in for you. And being tired means that you're more likely to make mistakes, not that you can't do some good things as well. And if it was Rafa he likely would have stuck on someone like Krafth or indeed started with him, but again it's not like we have much choice on the bench with Dummett, Lascelles and Clark all injured.

Why aren't you getting it.If you're too tired to make such a pass before half time,FOR WHATEVER REASON,you shouldn't be on the pitch.You're not going to run your tiredness off,whatever tiredness you're suffering from.He should have informed Bruce that his 'tiredness' was affecting him to such a degree that he couldn't risk not being able to pass another ball 30 yards or so.I believe it was a simple mistake.The cowardice regularly shown by our players could get us relegated.It must have been noticed by opposition managers.

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No positives, we were awful . At least some of the posters will be happy tonight 

Do the preceding 11/12 years of Ashley’s tenure not bother you too much?  I can assess results in isolation, that’s simple. The bigger picture is we’re no longer a sporting institution as such, we’re the marketing arm of sports direct.com. That’s why increasing numbers can take some solace from the drivel we’re served up. We don’t really exist as a club anymore. Rafa kept this point at bay for three seasons but it was always going to happen from the moment he left. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ewerk said:

4-4-2. Big man/little man combo up front.

Noelie’s tactics haven’t changed since the last time he got an non-medicated erection.

Mebbe so, but my picks would have done better than Brucey, I had benched the Brazilerononscoringdudjoeylinton with or without a hard on.:razz:

24 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

No positives, we were awful . At least some of the posters will be happy tonight 

Or correct but ambivalent. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Noelie said:

Mebbe so, but my picks would have done better than Brucey, I had benched the Brazilerononscoringdudjoeylinton with or without a hard on.:razz:

Scored one more than Carroll 

35 minutes ago, Alex said:

Or correct but ambivalent. 

But does that mean those that aren't ambivalent are in the wrong? Because there's a few people on here who are so keen on proclaiming their ambivalence, I think they've forgotten what ambivalence means... 

Just from reading the comments here and in the match report, it sounds like the game was a horrific example of management.

Were we down to 10 men through our own incompetence?

2 hours ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Why aren't you getting it.If you're too tired to make such a pass before half time,FOR WHATEVER REASON,you shouldn't be on the pitch.You're not going to run your tiredness off,whatever tiredness you're suffering from.He should have informed Bruce that his 'tiredness' was affecting him to such a degree that he couldn't risk not being able to pass another ball 30 yards or so.I believe it was a simple mistake.The cowardice regularly shown by our players could get us relegated.It must have been noticed by opposition managers.

Of course if was a bloody mistake, the question is why would a very good player make what isn't even a school boy error because they know better. So no it wasn't a simple mistake, it was literally one of the worst things you can do in your own half. And if you don't get why a player wouldn't be like, hey boss you know how you've incompetently played me too much after a major injury? Well I'm knackered in mind and body and want off even though I'm not actually injured and you have fuck all on the bench to replace me with, then I can't help you. And lastly, kicking the ball across your own box has fuck all to do with cowardice.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Polarboy said:

Of course if was a bloody mistake, the question is why would a very good player make what isn't even a school boy error because they know better. So no it wasn't a simple mistake, it was literally one of the worst things you can do in your own half. And if you don't get why a player wouldn't be like, hey boss you know how you've incompetently played me too much after a major injury? Well I'm knackered in mind and body and want off even though I'm not actually injured and you have fuck all on the bench to replace me with, then I can't help you. And lastly, kicking the ball across your own box has fuck all to do with cowardice.

Essembee isn't noted for his open-minded approach to discussion and can be obsessive (in a borderline psychotic way) about certain points. I think the rest of us get the point you're making.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Polarboy said:

Ok ? You clearly noticed while watching the match he was tired in mind and body and I didn't.You're some boy,Polarboy.