Cabbage Heed Halfwits v Rochdale's Groomers

wykikitoon

So League One isn't even his level. It's hard to believe how awful Joelinton was today. He was outclassed by a 40-year-old. When Fernandez sent it back across goal he was standing stock-still at the penalty spot, waiting for Godot. I almost feel bad for him. It's not his fault we (maybe) blew 40m on a complete donkey. 

Another winnable game hoyed doon the netty.

And that's where wor Joeylinton should be.

In appearance, it looked like the first half was gonna be a rout.

Second half looked like Bruce sent a different team out.

And to think, I had to get up at  four in the fucking morning.

That should have been a fucking warning.

Fucking joke as normal on cup day. Thought we looked so comfortable at HT even I thought we'd be through no bother. There's one or three in our squad who I genuinely can't believe have ended up in the side or are somehow still here. Joelinton isn't as bad as Riviere and that's about the best thing you can say. Rochdale's manager takes credit for turning the first half chasing to being unlucky not to win. Bruce was Bruce. 

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

honestly mate. you don't know how lucky you are!

Well, I’ve seen him before and he was a totally different player to the one he is now. A lot of the criticism is way over the top imho, but it is difficult to see him finding some form in the near future. He certainly shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team at the moment.

The only person happy about this might be Rafa who did rate Joelinton but didn’t want to spend this overinflated fee on the player. Still Fat Mike told us in his interview how stupid Rafa was and that we should look forward to an exciting season...

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

Well, I’ve seen him before and he was a totally different player to the one he is now. A lot of the criticism is way over the top imho, but it is difficult to see him finding some form in the near future. He certainly shouldn’t be anywhere near the first team at the moment.

The only person happy about this might be Rafa who did rate Joelinton but didn’t want to spend this overinflated fee on the player. Still Fat Mike told us in his interview how stupid Rafa was and that we should look forward to an exciting season...

Over the top :lol: he was £40m and has scored once.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

"Robbie Savage is a wanker, is a wanker!"

:lol:

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Btsport apologised. The Chronicle have written an article about it.

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

Pretty likely tbh. 

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Not even joking :lol:

God bless the Ronny Gill. :lol:

Knight Ryder: 5 things we learned about THAT chant and what does the BT response mean now for NUFC before a potentially badly timed replay after injuries build up for United as the pressure starts building at St. James' Park after their 3rd round tie at Rochdale of league one.

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Over the top :lol: he was £40m and has scored once.

It’s actually hardly his fault the club paid at least twice his (former) market value. 

Wasting good chances and showing the technical skills of a donkey is obviously mostly his own fault and he does deserve to be criticised for it. Even harsh criticism seems to be fair.

But as I said, he does look a totally different player to the one we thought to have signed. I still think it is not fair to treat him like someone who has never shown any ability at all. He is probably just the wrong player at the wrong club. Or at least the wrong moment in time.

3 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s actually hardly his fault the club paid at least twice his (former) market value. 

Wasting good chances and showing the technical skills of a donkey is obviously mostly his own fault and he does deserve to be criticised for it. Even harsh criticism seems to be fair.

But as I said, he does look a totally different player to the one we thought to have signed. I still think it is not fair to treat him like someone who has never shown any ability at all. He is probably just the wrong player at the wrong club. Or at least the wrong moment in time.

Well speak for yourself, his goal record and the noises that Benitez wasn't interested in him were big enough red flags for me. I thought we'd made a dodgy as fuck shite signing at the time and even put my money where my mouth was.

The people who deserve the most criticism are the ones agreeing to pay 40m on one unproven player instead of using the money to extend the contract of the manager, letting him sign the player who proved to be capable of leading the line plus one or two other players as well as improving the facilities to match those of a top flight club. That all would have been possible for 40m as well.