Cabbage Heed Halfwits v Rochdale's Groomers

wykikitoon

35 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

You still haven't admitted Big Joe is fucking horrendous by the way, a bit like your patter.

Big Joe’s scoring skills are better than your reading skills. And that does say a lot.

13 hours ago, strawb said:

There’s no chance we paid 40 million for him, but I still don’t think he is as bad as people are making out. He gets fuck all service

He's not as bad as people make out. Although he doesn't do himself any favours with efforts like yesterday.

I'm also sick of hearing the "he cost twice what Rondon would have". Rondon was asking for £200k+ pw to take him into his mid 30s. There's a reason no one else in the Premier league signed him but blew £15-20mil on Che Adams, Andre Grey and Oli McBurnie instead 

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He's not as bad as people make out. Although he doesn't do himself any favours with efforts like yesterday.

I'm also sick of hearing the "he cost twice what Rondon would have". Rondon was asking for £200k+ pw to take him into his mid 30s. There's a reason no one else in the Premier league signed him but blew £15-20mil on Che Adams, Andre Grey and Oli McBurnie instead 

That's me convinced them, I'd rather have one Joelinton than two Rondons

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Rondon 35% goal per game ratio

Joelintion less than 5% goal per game ratio

(For us)

How the fuck can you still be attempting to justify him in any way?

40 minutes ago, Dougle said:

Rondon 35% goal per game ratio

Joelintion less than 5% goal per game ratio

(For us)

How the fuck can you still be attempting to justify him in any way?

Because theres a difference between balanced criticism of a young player in a new league, played out of position with balls lumped at his head for 90mins, and the type of school ground hyperbole doing the rounds at the minute pretending he's the worst player we've ever signed, chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and giving him personal abuse on pictures of his family on instagram. 

I expect it off knackers like Thompers on Twitter, but theres grown blokes on here who should know better. 

10 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Balls lumped at his head for 90 minutes isn't hyperbole though right? :lol:

Ive lost track. Have you stopped watching our games and enjoy us losing, or are you watching them again and can give tactical descriptions of how we are playing these days? 

Old tweet, but our play hasn't changed drastically since then 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

35 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Because theres a difference between balanced criticism of a young player in a new league, played out of position with balls lumped at his head for 90mins, and the type of school ground hyperbole doing the rounds at the minute pretending he's the worst player we've ever signed, chanting "you're not fit to wear the shirt" and giving him personal abuse on pictures of his family on instagram. 

I expect it off knackers like Thompers on Twitter, but theres grown blokes on here who should know better. 

The grown blokes on here who have criticised the lad have done so in a fairly reasonable way if you ask me, considering his ineptitude. This ‘striker’ cost £40 million (apparently), what the hell do you expect folk to say?

“Ah well never mind, he’s a canny lad. Who cares about goals anyway?”

You seem to have an incredibly low opinion of your fellow ‘mag’ marra.

55 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Ive lost track. Have you stopped watching our games and enjoy us losing, or are you watching them again and can give tactical descriptions of how we are playing these days? 

Old tweet, but our play hasn't changed drastically since then 

fair play mate, you're admirably resolute in your defence, not to mention being a dab hand at digging up old quotes.

problem is, despite how many times joelinton jumped up inn the air by the 15th september or andy carroll breaking all opta stat records for the same thing last week, they've scored one goal between them in over half a season and provided very little else.

whether a record breaking £40m super buy or a freebie returning hero you've got to concede this is fucking shite, surely?

perhaps they're just not very good?

we'd have been better of hanging on to ivan toney and adam armstrong, it's highly unlikey they'd have been as impotent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Hardly hyperbole to say he's our worst ever signing. In terms of value for money, he is.

That’s the problem though, isn’t it? He wasn’t worth 40m when we signed him. But that’s the club’s fault not the player’s.

His performances have been mostly very shit so far, something he does deserve to be criticised for, but the extent of the criticism is out of order.

In reality Joelinton is a young player who did show promise in a different league in the past, who was worth half of the money at most, is playing in a shit team, mostly in a position that doesn’t suit him in a team playing old fashioned hoofball, where even Supa Andy is without a goal.

But of course, he is the worst player eva!1!11!!

• Like 2