Big Bad Wolves V Brucie's Little Lambs

trooper

13 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Aye, he wasn't happy. Bit of an odd one if he was fully fit as he's the best of a bad bunch up front atm

it's great isn't it?

our best option up front, apparently, has netted 0 goals.

our most expensive buy, ever, has 1 to his name.

by this time last year joselu had doubled the total of the above two on his lonesome.

we allowed rondon and perez to venture off to pastures new.

one could almost be excused for thinking we're a bit of a shambles. almost.

7 hours ago, Alex said:

If you’re going to make a lot more saves than your average PL keeper it stands to reason you’ll be prone to make the odd error

It's the way he seems to palm the ball into the opposition path that i dont like..effectively giving them a second chance to score. I don't hate him by any means though

Edited by TheGingerQuiff

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

FWIW, the people saying Joelinton is the worst signing we've ever made obviously haven't been watching Atsu the last few games. He's got an incredible knack for making the wrong decision every single time he gets the ball. 

Astu cost pittence and can't be judged by Joelinton standard. Pretty surd people mean he's the biggest waste of money we've seen. I think you knew that though

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

:lol: we’ve rightly bemoaned our luck in the past but fucking hell, someone is smiling down on us this season.

If we’re riding our luck as much as it feels like we are and we’re only 5 points off relegation then.... :lol: 

8 hours ago, Alex said:

If we’re riding our luck as much as it feels like we are and we’re only 5 points off relegation then.... :lol: 

Fair point but it really is true that performances haven’t matched results for the most part. Especially against Southampton and Sheffield United.

2 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Fair point but it really is true that performances haven’t matched results for the most part. Especially against Southampton and Sheffield United.

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, it was more me saying that it feels like we have been a bit fortunate yet we’re still not far off the bottom 3. 

Edited by Alex

Well these injuries have given Cabbge a legitimate reason for us playing the kids against Rochdale.

We should be tapping up Liverpool's doctor and asking what shite they're on to see if we can stave away injuries.

14 hours ago, Alex said:

I wasn’t disagreeing with you, it was more me saying that it feels like we have been a bit fortunate yet we’re still not far off the bottom 3. 

There's 10pts between 6th and 17th so that's a poor metric to judge us by. Points by this stage last season would be more apt

17 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We should be tapping up Liverpool's doctor and asking what shite they're on to see if we can stave away injuries.

Or perhaps just getting Rafa back, as he seemed to have no problems with staving away injuries B)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

There's 10pts between 6th and 17th so that's a poor metric to judge us by. Points by this stage last season would be more apt

I think you’ll find the league positions are based on how a team and its peers are performing in any current rather than any previous seasons. 

3 hours ago, Alex said:

I think you’ll find the league positions are based on how a team and its peers are performing in any current rather than any previous seasons. 

OK :lol:

So the fact we are 6 points off the top 6 after 22 games proves we've had a good season? 

I wasn’t trying to make the case we’d had a terrible season or anything. The point I was making, which was crystal clear I think, was that we aren’t far off the bottom three in terms of points whilst at the same time it feels like we’ve been riding our luck a fair bit (points gained relative to performances). 

2 minutes ago, Alex said:

I wasn’t trying to make the case we’d had a terrible season or anything. The point I was making, which was crystal clear I think, was that we aren’t far off the bottom three in terms of points whilst at the same time it feels like we’ve been riding our luck a fair bit (points gained relative to performances). 

Sorry, can you explain that again? I'm not sure I get your point? :lol:

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Alex said:

Which is every bit as valid as my point ;)