ever evolving relegation guesswork...

thebrokendoll

at the begining of december norwich and watford looked a shoe in to take up two of the places, bournemouth have been in freefall for a while now and don't look like halting it. 

everton (sadly) were never going to stop down there, while southampton have steadily turned things round since their 0-9 home tonking.

we meanwhile after flirting with the top 6 thanks to some swashbuckling front foot football by mostly the defenders are now looking like a team that was in a false position, perhaps, maybe?

i reckon norwich bottom, bournemouth 2nd bottom with us battling it out with villa for 18th place.

Edited by thebrokendoll

Villa are down pure and simple alongside Norwich. They're so easy to play against, (apart from when we play them). Bournemouth have a chance of turning it around as bad as they've been. Watford always had a bit of quality if they put their minds to it. We could absolutely get drawn into it but I think we'll have enough to be ok although fuck knows what'll happen next season if we have more dodgy transfer deals similar to Joelinton? Plus Bruce in charge in a downturn doesn't fill me with confidence long-term. Good ol' Mike, putting the fun into football for us ungrateful Newcastle United fans. :good:

1 hour ago, Alex said:

4th bottom if I had to have a bet on it

we might be ok if mikey puts his hand in his flappy jeans pocket in the next couple of weeks and spends another £40m on a striker who knows where the goal is.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 1

Next few games will see "Bruce's Boys" well & truly in a relegation struggle.

Next 5 Premiership games

Chelsea (h) on Sky

Everton (a)

Norwich (h)

Arsenal (a) on Sky

Palace (a)

Edited by trooper

24 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Hopefully Moyes will work his magic and get the Spam involved.

always been a bit indifferent to west ham me, although away trips to upton park post '80 always got the old adrenaline pumping for a few years afterwards.

any particular reason why you don't care for moyes?

• Haha 3

I worry because I honestly can’t see where the goals are coming from. Almiron has got his groove back and Maximin will return to offer us that extra quality but I don’t see the injuries halting any time soon and I have no faith in anyone hitting a goalscoring patch in the way Rondon or Perez could.

• Like 1

Yup, Ashley has got at least one more in him. 

It’s obvious we need a striker with a proven record as a goal scorer. The midfield and defence isn’t that bad compared to recent iterations. The manager doesn’t help matters

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Next few games will see "Bruce's Boys" well & truly in a relegation struggle.

Next 5 Premiership games

Chelsea (h) on Sky

Everton (a)

Norwich (h)

Arsenal (a) on Sky

Palace (a)

4 points max .If we lose to Norwich we could quite easily be in the bottom 3 after the Palace game.However,if Fat Mike gives Fat Brucey permission to drop Joe for those games ....

10 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

always been a bit indifferent to west ham me, although away trips to upton park post '80 always got the old adrenaline pumping for a few years afterwards.

any particular reason why you don't care for moyes?

He's just one of those people that get on your nerves for some reason. Comes over a bit too cocky. Think he's a one who has one of the best abilities to make an arse of it and finish below us. The way our squad is though I'd be happy with any other three.

Edited by t00nraider2

This has to be the most obvious mackem we've ever had, including the ones who just announced they were mackems from the start.

I recall a few weeks back when "marra" slipped into one of his posts :lol: hits every mackem stereotype going despite his efforts to go under the radar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Rayvin said:

This has to be the most obvious mackem we've ever had, including the ones who just announced they were mackems from the start.

I recall a few weeks back when "marra" slipped into one of his posts :lol: hits every mackem stereotype going despite his efforts to go under the radar.

:lol: :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

TBF he had just spilled blue pop all over his keyboard so we'll forgive him that one.

26 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

He's just one of those people that get on your nerves for some reason. Comes over a bit too cocky. Think he's a one who has one of the best abilities to make an arse of it and finish below us. The way our squad is though I'd be happy with any other three.

6D5F4D77-A8B9-4482-921C-997099A4FC61.gif

• Haha 7

28 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

giphy_(2).gif

• Haha 5