ever evolving relegation guesswork...

thebrokendoll

We've pulled a gap but we are vulnerable due to GD if it tightens up. 

I had a bet on relegation at the start of the season, I'd bet if I didnt, we would be sat at the foot of the table. 

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Chaser said:

I had a bet on relegation at the start of the season, I'd bet if I didnt, we would be sat at the foot of the table. 

Will you ever learn....

15 hours ago, Chaser said:

We've pulled a gap but we are vulnerable due to GD if it tightens up. 

Newcastle now 7/1 to go down

It's the worst bet ever for me as 37 points is the average for teams to stay up

Hate to say this but the FCB seems to have won this seasons target of staying up.

Next seasons targets is...the same

• 3 weeks later...

We have lost 1 in 5 in the league.  We have Palace and Burnley next.  Palace are in dreadful form and we need to at least get a point from this.  Burnley are in decent form and I don't expect anything against them.

The bottom 3;

Norwich next two games;
Wo'ves away
Leicester at home.

I cannot see them getting a point.  They're dead and buried.  LET'S BE HAVING YOU!

Watford next two games;
Man Yoo
Liverpool

1 point against Man Yoo maybe?  

West Ham next two games;
Man City
Liverpool

nil poi 

So that set's me at ease.

Also;

Villa;
Southampton 
Man City

So let's not piss our knickers just yet!  I've put my big girl pants on now after wetting last night :lol:

Still think going down and staying down might be our only way out from under Ashley in the end. As a result I've had mixed feelings about Bruce's results this season. Can't deny it's enjoyable to win, but at the same time if we don't go down we're just putting off Ashley leaving for another season (assuming I'm right, which I may very well not be).

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We have lost 1 in 5 in the league.  We have Palace and Burnley next.  Palace are in dreadful form and we need to at least get a point from this.  Burnley are in decent form and I don't expect anything against them.

The bottom 3;

Norwich next two games;
Wo'ves away
Leicester at home.

I cannot see them getting a point.  They're dead and buried.  LET'S BE HAVING YOU!

Watford next two games;
Man Yoo
Liverpool

1 point against Man Yoo maybe?  

West Ham next two games;
Man City
Liverpool

nil poi 

So that set's me at ease.

Also;

Villa;
Southampton 
Man City

So let's not piss our knickers just yet!  I've put my big girl pants on now after wetting last night :lol:

You wear girls pants ?  No wonder you can't get on a bus

• Haha 1

Listening to 5live earlier and they were discussing relegation and Villa especially. It's the first time I've ever though Sutton was talking sense. He said there's a lot of noise about Mings yet they conceded a hell of a lot with him. Then Jonathan Pearce said about us getting dragged into the relegation battle and he said that he was getting that many stats out he was confusing himself and taking rubbish :lol:

He also said West Ham have a solid run in. Would be mint to see them go down 

West Ham have got the following;

Man City (a)
Liverpool (a)
Southampton (h)
Arsenal (a)

Wolves (h)
Spurs (a)
Chelsea (a)

Then they play us.

That's a fucking nasty run of fixtures, especially as their form is L,D,L,L,D

Their last draw was 3v3 v Brighton.  Their last win was a 2v0 over Gillingham in the FA Cup!

1 hour ago, strawb said:

We will stay up because inexplicably there are 3 worse teams than us.

Next season will be tough depending who comes up, West Brom and Leeds are both better teams than us already

I don't think Leeds are tbh.  They don't have the strength in depth at all, but I do think they will strengthen.

I will be gutted if they do come up, although we always enjoy a good day at bellend road

On 2/23/2020 at 02:12, thebrokendoll said:

8/1 with william hill.

i reckon that's fairly generous odds.

our best hope of points between now and the end of april are home games against villa and west ham.

but who the fuck's gonna put the ball in the net?

Own goals? B)

The next five games will be massive. Normally 7 points would probably see us being safe. But considering the performances it will be difficult, especially in case we lose at home against the likes of West Ham and Villa.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

But yeah, I wouldn’t be surprised if we draw or lose to them because we’re fucking shite 

The issue we will have against them is they can both score goals, the pair of them mostly fall down in games because they let loads in despite scoring. So since we can’t fucking score and our defense as a unit is looking worse the longer the season goes on I’m not confident we’d be able to get anything out of sides like that.