ever evolving relegation guesswork...

thebrokendoll

cripes!

i didn't realise there was that many gifs on the internet!

and on that note and as an aside, way back in the olden days when the internet first began the only newcastle forum i was aware of was the old rivals net forum talk of the tyne. seem to recall it was closed down, possibly due to the naming of the grosvenor hotel bad boys and what they'd supposedly got up to. i could be wrong mind, i was far from a prolific user.

anyway...

i do remember there was a poster on there called t00nraider with the exact same use of the two '0's instead of 'o's who i'm sure played the same the contentious opinion card.

got to be heading towards the best part of twenty years ago, if they're one and the same you have to admire the dogged but futile determination to wind folk up!

:)

• Haha 3

31 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

cripes!

and on that note and as an aside, way back in the olden days when the internet first began the only newcastle forum i was aware of was the old rivals net forum talk of the tyne. seem to recall it was closed down, possibly due to the naming of the grosvenor hotel bad boys and what they'd supposedly got up to. i could be wrong mind, i was far from a prolific user.

anyway...

i do remember there was a poster on there called t00nraider with the exact same use of the two '0's instead of 'o's who i'm sure played the same the contentious opinion card.

got to be heading towards the best part of twenty years ago, if they're one and the same you have to admire the dogged but futile determination to wind folk up!

Shake_shack_cheese_fries.jpg

313932_orangeade_blue_500ml_1.jpg

40pc_masters_b18efee2-66b9-4f5e-a68b-00e04c320ce3_large.png

Edited by trooper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

cripes!

anyway...

LMAO. I am thee. I recall heated conversations but not the content. My points were (probably) and are valid. I've noticed no one can argue with them and can only resort to woeful trolling.

2 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

LMAO. I am thee. I recall heated conversations but not the content. My points were (probably) and are valid. I've noticed no one can argue with them and can only resort to woeful trolling.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, t00nraider2 said:

Thee Marra oops bit of a slip up there 

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

you're a bit of an enigma matey, i'll give you that.

fucking vera would struggle to fathom you out.

1 hour ago, t00nraider2 said:

3E70D0C4-7468-4BC5-B213-37A95F32886B.gif

8 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

That's only three games. Rochdale - not really fussed about this one, Chelsea at home and Everton away - no high expectations for either game. It would have to be another Norwich or Leicester for me to be too concerned. Mr Gucci should return soon. Not sure when Gayle will but I was impressed with his contribution against Wolves. Almiron can now hit the barn door so we just need Joelinton to do also although. 

We should be able to cope with no incomings during this window. If we do it's a bonus.

Sorry for the tardiness of my reply, I was at the pictures......

idLYs5.gif

• Haha 2

I don't think we will go down this season now after today's very lucky win.

Steve Bruce's luck will eventually run out of course so next season looks good for relegation, or the season after either way it will be pretty bad viewing. 

On 1/18/2020 at 22:36, Tdansmith said:

Steve Bruce's luck will eventually run out of course so next season looks good for relegation, or the season after either way it will be pretty bad viewing. 

On what basis? Last 2 transfer windows we have brought in Almiron, Maximin, Carroll and dare I say Joelinton, players who are of very decent Premier league standard. Not sure what will happen with Willems with his injury, if he stays, another decent player. If the club continues to bring in £20mil players on average, even Bruce should be able to take the club forward over the next few years. 

Bit shocked at Burnley beating Leicester. Villa, Bournmouth and Norwich seem to be the 3 favourites to go down. Next season Brighton, Burnley and promoted clubs should be more likely to go down the following season as the club will have a larger percentage of TV money and be able to spend more.

6 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

On what basis? Last 2 transfer windows we have brought in Almiron, Maximin, Carroll and dare I say Joelinton, players who are of very decent Premier league standard. Not sure what will happen with Willems with his injury, if he stays, another decent player. If the club continues to bring in £20mil players on average, even Bruce should be able to take the club forward over the next few years. 

Bit shocked at Burnley beating Leicester. Villa, Bournmouth and Norwich seem to be the 3 favourites to go down. Next season Brighton, Burnley and promoted clubs should be more likely to go down the following season as the club will have a larger percentage of TV money and be able to spend more.

Almiron is class and will eventually move on, same with Maximin. Carroll is an injury about to happen and will never play a whole season. Joelinton ??  "very decent premier league standard"  Are you drunk ??  Ashleys record in all the transfer windows is there for everyone to see, come the summer he is more likely  to sell Amiron and Maximin than he is to invest.

Relegation is coming it's just a question of when.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, t00nraider2 said:

idLYs5.gif

• Haha 2

On 18/01/2020 at 22:36, Tdansmith said:

Some boy, you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Will 40 points be enough this season?

Looks like it. I’d be pretty surprised if it wasn’t. Bottom 6 averaging less than / equal to / just over a point per game. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

Norwich are down, they are looking at a points total of 27 +- 5 so a maximum of 32. However from then up you are looking at points totals of 36 +- 5 so in that case 40 could see you relegated this season.

West Ham went down in 2003 with 42 points. That's the highest points total a relegated team had ( since it went to a 20 team league) 

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Also highly unusual. Is that the only time a team has been relegated with 40 points or more? 

(Can’t be arsed to search but it felt like a black swan event)

just two i believe

mackems 40 points in 1997 

Bolton 40 points in 1998 ( goal difference sent them down Everton had 40 points as well)