Lua Lua's son dead

Jimbo

That's worse than low like. It just shows the gulf between us as nations though. England screw up the world cup and they're forced to endure a few weeks of guff from the press - they get 3 days hard labour after being cut off from family/friends for a few weeks.

For all we can appear to be far too liberal and 'wishey washey' when it comes to peoples feelings sometimes, I'd still take that over the complete lack of basic human rights some people are still subject to in this age.

Not telling him about his dead bairn would be unthinkable over here.

Edited by maggiespaws

That's worse than low like. It just shows the gulf between us as nations though. England screw up the world cup and they're forced to endure a few weeks of guff from the press - they get 3 days hard labour after being cut off from family/friends for a few weeks.

For all we can appear to be far too liberal and 'wishey washey' when it comes to peoples feelings sometimes, I'd still take that over the complete lack of basic human rights some people are still subject to in this age.

Not telling him about his dead bairn would be unthinkable over here.

89982[/snapback]

Good post, the differences are huge - also think of the England cricket team, whose players are flying to and from Pakistan/India to witness the birth of their children. Although I wish their timing was better I don't think it is our right to stop them. It's only a game.

It's hard to believe, but I'm not convinced this is totally true. Firstly the only news source we've seen that has this is The Sun, right? You'd have thought there would be others. Secondly, who was lokking after the child and found him dead? If it was his wife in Congo, surely she would have been in contact with her husband, or on the other hand did she agree with the Congalese FA to keep it secret?

Either way it's awful.

It's hard to believe, but I'm not convinced this is totally true. Firstly the only news source we've seen that has this is The Sun, right? You'd have thought there would be others. Secondly, who was lokking after the child and found him dead? If it was his wife in Congo, surely she would have been in contact with her husband, or on the other hand did she agree with the Congalese FA to keep it secret?

Either way it's awful.

90442[/snapback]

His son died in the UK apparently, but the stuff about him not being told is true according to this..

Portsmouth have asked for Tresor Lomana Lua Lua to be given his privacy after the sudden death of the striker's 18-month-old son.

Lua Lua's son died of a mysterious illness while the player was away on international duty with DR Congo, and the news has left everyone at Portsmouth stunned.

"Pompey striker Lua Lua has thanked the enormous amount of people who have sent good wishes to him concerning the death of his son whilst the player was on African Cup of Nations duty," read a statement issued by the club.

"He has also been deeply touched by many messages of sympathy.

"At this moment Lua Lua would like to be left alone to properly grieve and asks that everybody respects his wishes at this sad time.

"Everyone at the club would also like to offer their condolences to our striker."

Lua Lua, who was not told about the bereavement until after DR Congo had been knocked out of the tournament, even though his son died on January 20, also thanked those who had supported him, but asked for a little time and space.

He is planning to continue full training, but club bosses will monitor his progress before rushing him back into action.

"I am in total shock. I did not know about it until my dad told me," he explained.

"I am devastated by the tragic loss. I am grateful and appreciative for the kind wishes and support I have received from everybody.

"As I am sure everyone will understand I just wish to be with my family and be allowed to grieve privately.

"I appreciate everyone respecting my wishes.

"I have just got to try to carry on by coming into training."

Source

RIP, little one ;)

Edited by catmag