Oxford

Oxfordlad36

Greetings, another one soaking up the pre-match atmosphere for our "Cup Final" at the weekend. :D:D

Been following our lot for far too many years, remember arriving at St James`s in the `80`s just as the tannoy announced it was off due to a water logged pitch! :D

Older & wiser, and having moved house several times, the train is taking the strain Saturday! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Essexyellows said:

Greetings, another one soaking up the pre-match atmosphere for our "Cup Final" at the weekend. :D:D

Been following our lot for far too many years, remember arriving at St James`s in the `80`s just as the tannoy announced it was off due to a water logged pitch! :D

Older & wiser, and having moved house several times, the train is taking the strain Saturday! 

Think that was early 90s?? 

Seem to recall beating Oxford in the 80's when they were virtually relegated and the fans that came up doing the conga in the leazes when they pulled a goal back at 3-0 down. Might've been Dean Saunders who scored it iirc?

9 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Seem to recall beating Oxford in the 80's when they were virtually relegated and the fans that came up doing the conga in the leazes when they pulled a goal back at 3-0 down. Might've been Dean Saunders who scored it iirc?

Close, was little Les Philips at St James`s (April 88) and Deano scored at the Manor........... lost `em both 1-3. We`ve spent a lot of time being both virtually & actually relegated! :icon_lol::icon_lol: 

38 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Think that was early 90s?? 

Yep, I doff my old hat to you. Was March `91. It`s all a blur these days!! That`s what the Conference does to you! :icon_lol:

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Essexyellows said:

Close, was little Les Philips at St James`s (April 88) and Deano scored at the Manor........... lost `em both 1-3. We`ve spent a lot of time being both virtually & actually relegated! :icon_lol::icon_lol: 

Yep, I doff my old hat to you. Was March `91. It`s all a blur these days!! That`s what the Conference does to you! :icon_lol:

I only remember it because we ended up in the Newcastle Arms listening to the lad playing this for the first time...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Essexyellows said:

Us too!

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I only remember it because we ended up in the Newcastle Arms listening to the lad playing this for the first time...

Harry Palmer legend...oh when the beans..

• Like 1

@Essexyellows

october 13th 1990 at your place, my daughters first game aged just under 2 months. wouldn't take a bottle feed so the wife breast fed her on the cuckoo lane end to a rousing chorus of 'tits oot for the lads'

dull as fuck 0-0 draw, she's 29 now and has never expressed the remotest interest in going to a newcastle game since.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

@Essexyellows

october 13th 1990 at your place, my daughters first game aged just under 2 months. wouldn't take a bottle feed so the wife breast fed her on the cuckoo lane end to a rousing chorus of 'tits oot for the lads'

dull as fuck 0-0 draw, she's 29 now and has never expressed the remotest interest in going to a newcastle game since.

29? 
How old was she when she had your daughter?????

:CT:

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

29? 
How old was she when she had your daughter?????

:CT:

she was 19.

unlike her daughter she's been to a shit load of newcastle games since.

however she's steadfastly kept her tits covered up at matches for the best part of 3 decades!

;)

• Like 1

I think it'll be a fairly senior side with a few young lads on the bench.

I wouldn't be in a hurry to the match though. Have a few extra pints in the pub, the action generally only gets going after 90 minutes.

• Like 2