Oxford

Oxfordlad36

Don’t think there really is any away fan pubs in Newcastle. But there’s nowhere that will stop you from coming in just because you’re an away supporter.  

There’s thousands of parking spaces and hundreds of bars within a mile of the ground. 

18 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

Don’t think there really is any away fan pubs in Newcastle. But there’s nowhere that will stop you from coming in just because you’re an away supporter.  

There’s thousands of parking spaces and hundreds of bars within a mile of the ground. 

Cheers fella 

This modern phenomenon of 'away pubs' batters my head in tbh. Like Alex says, go in a bar, buy pints, crack on and don't be a cock. No problem. :good:

Seems to be towns and cities with intense paranoia that fuck about with a fans reasonable desire for a pint or several before the match. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

This modern phenomenon of 'away pubs' batters my head in tbh. Like Alex says, go in a bar, buy pints, crack on and don't be a cock. No problem. :good:

Seems to be towns and cities with intense paranoia that fuck about with a fans reasonable desire for a pint or several before the match. 

Sam Jacks was a decent spot for away fans as they could get involved but that's gone now.

I don’t think pubs are the issue here. 

What happened to the first 35 oxford lads who frequented this forum? 

Get Morse on the case & Nev will know the pubs.

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, Oxfordlad36 said:

Evening all geordies oxford fan here,just looking for a bit of info regarding best places to park and away fans pub? Looking forward to making the long journey up and hope we give you a decent game . 

Cheers for your time 

Make a weekend of it. No shortage of parking in the city centre. Easy walking distance from anywhere with plenty boozers on route. 

1 minute ago, Ugly Mackems said:

Make a weekend of it. No shortage of parking in the city centre. Easy walking distance from anywhere with plenty boozers on route. 

If staying for the weekend I’d rather stay somewhere at the coast and use the metro. That’s what I usually do.

• Like 1

Safe trip, hope you enjoy the day. I checked out one of the Oxford forums and it sounds like a very healthy number of you are coming up. Nice to see that.

Lets hope it's a good game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rayvin said:

Safe trip, hope you enjoy the day. I checked out one of the Oxford forums and it sounds like a very healthy number of you are coming up. Nice to see that.

Lets hope it's a good game.

Yeah should be around 3k,1700 were sold in the first day of sales I'm sure the club will update it towards the end of the week, great value well done to both clubs to agree the match ticket prices....we took just over 3k to Middlesbrough a couple of years ago