Best away fans in the Premier League

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, 37quidman said:

Twas better back in the 80s some away fellas wore kilts and black doc martins with white laces looked hardcore. Shoes off is very soccer am.  

Shoes off hasn’t been done in about a decade and a half. The latest thing is songs about the IRA & what a good lad Tommy Robinson is :cuppa:

• Jaysus... 2

10 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Shoes off hasn’t been done in about a decade and a half. The latest thing is songs about the IRA & what a good lad Tommy Robinson is :cuppa:

Fucking grinded on me when I sat up in new 'singing section' when the odd group would try to sing songs which included the IRA in them, quite often when others were singing other NUFC songs at the same time. Same kids who by their age have no real idea of it or faced anything to do with it. Why bring it up? They want to 'bring back the noise' then compete against others singing at the same time with their bollocks? Honestly, it's like someone going to games from the 1950's complaining about me and my pals from the late 80s/early 90s so I don't want to come across like a dinosaur but at least we actually sang some fucking Newcastle songs! :lol: (luckily didn't hear anything about Tommy Robinson so can assume that's kicked in with the same group of divvies in the last couple of years?)

• Like 3
  • Jaysus... 1

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Fucking grinded on me when I sat up in new 'singing section' when the odd group would try to sing songs which included the IRA in them, quite often when others were singing other NUFC songs at the same time. Same kids who by their age have no real idea of it or faced anything to do with it. Why bring it up? They want to 'bring back the noise' then compete against others singing at the same time with their bollocks? Honestly, it's like someone going to games from the 1950's complaining about me and my pals from the late 80s/early 90s so I don't want to come across like a dinosaur but at least we actually sang some fucking Newcastle songs! :lol: (luckily didn't hear anything about Tommy Robinson so can assume that's kicked in with the same group of divvies in the last couple of years?)

My last away was Rochdale.. a lot of our away support makes me nauseous nowadays. Including most of the cunts I go with :cuppa:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

even a decade and a half isn't long enough to erase the horror of 'shoes off'

quite comfortably the most cringingly embarrassing song ever to grace a football ground and those that partook should've been given a lifetime banning order! that said, i remember a game at villa park, where one fucker possibly surpassed shoes off both in the cap and gown (formerly the witton arms) and in the away end by removing his prosthetic leg and waving that about in the air, to much hilarity from the zany shoes off boys.

it wasn't funny, although it would've been if he'd keeled over sideways!

been a few year now since i even attended an away game so can't really comment on the newer ditties. 'no surrender' was doing the rounds 35 years ago, so i'm guessing it's either back in popularity or there's some kind of remake??

as for tommy robinson... he'll hopefully get sucked in to the same jet engine as ashley. 

• Like 1

On 25.2.2020 at 00:20, PaddockLad said:

I haven’t been to a match  since Fulham in 2017, but if I heard about any fan endorsing Tommy Robinson he would get a decent lecture about being a nazi. I’d ask him about his invasion plans first.

Edited by Isegrim

11 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

even a decade and a half isn't long enough to erase the horror of 'shoes off'

quite comfortably the most cringingly embarrassing song ever to grace a football ground and those that partook should've been given a lifetime banning order! that said, i remember a game at villa park, where one fucker possibly surpassed shoes off both in the cap and gown (formerly the witton arms) and in the away end by removing his prosthetic leg and waving that about in the air, to much hilarity from the zany shoes off boys.

it wasn't funny, although it would've been if he'd keeled over sideways!

been a few year now since i even attended an away game so can't really comment on the newer ditties. 'no surrender' was doing the rounds 35 years ago, so i'm guessing it's either back in popularity or there's some kind of remake??

as for tommy robinson... he'll hopefully get sucked in to the same jet engine as ashley. 

Yeah shoes off was wank...there always seemed to be more doing it at Highbury than anywhere else... must’ve been a predominately London student Mags thing :unsure:

5 hours ago, Isegrim said:

I haven’t been to a match  since Fulham in 2017, but if I heard about any fan endorsing Tommy Robinson he would get a decent lecture about being a nazi. I’d ask him about his invasion plans first.

You’d get a loud chorus of “2 world wars and 1 World Cup” if you were lucky mate...coked up attention seeking cock ends :cuppa:

• Like 1