“Giz some fucken crisps!” Vs Frank’s Wanks. SJP 5:30pm.

Monkeys Fist

27 minutes ago, Tom said:

That’s one of the worst games I’ve ever watched.

lol 1-0 tho 

I've seen far worse this season alone, it wasn't great but we defended well imo. The sucker punch didn't surprise me, but was brilliant in timing nonetheless. 

Maybe it will settle relegation nerves, we can beat Oxford, and go on a cup run? :)

1 hour ago, thebrokendoll said:

there has never, ever, been a game of football through out its entire history where a team has least deserved to win.

fucking unbelievable!

Not quite. We were shite but Dubravka only had a couple of saves to make. Chelsea had lots of possession and lots of shots into row Z

33 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Not quite. We were shite but Dubravka only had a couple of saves to make. Chelsea had lots of possession and lots of shots into row Z

aye, they were incredibly wasteful there's no doubt about that. there is however an onus on us a football team to make a credible effort to retain the ball and venture in to the oppenents half occasionaly.

i do know i never want to hear bruce ever bemoan bad luck about injuries or anything fucking else for that matter, because he to be the luckiest cunt ever to draw breath that this team has amassed 29 points thus far.

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I've seen far worse this season alone, it wasn't great but we defended well imo. The sucker punch didn't surprise me, but was brilliant in timing nonetheless. 

Maybe it will settle relegation nerves, we can beat Oxford, and go on a cup run? :)

Yeah I may have went over the top. I've been out all day, missed all the other games & expected us to get beat I suppose. 

I'd love to see a cup run mind. It's the only thing keeping me going :lol: 

54 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

They got in some good positions but poor finishing cost Chelsea, I remember seeing in-play they had 16 shots and only 3 on target. Fuck them.

1 hour ago, JasonDix1 said:

Just watched a video on social media of one of our fans getting a corner flag from at his crotch by Matt Ritchie when celebrating a last minute winner :D ouch! seriously though, hope the guy ain't in too much pain!

Doesn't Steve Wraith sit near there, fingers crossed.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Alex said:

We give the ball away far too much in dangerous positions for me like. Quite lucky not to be punished on more than one occasion. 

Yes, but Chelsea didn’t have many clear cut chances. It was frustrating how cheaply we turned over possession when we tried to attack but defensively we were v good, and they worked their arses off. 

It’s fucking dire to watch bit credit where it’s due. He’s basically told them to carry on as they were under rafa last season and it’s working for him. He more or less admitted on telly that he tried to change the style of play but he wasn’t good enough to do it.

10 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Yes, but Chelsea didn’t have many clear cut chances. It was frustrating how cheaply we turned over possession when we tried to attack but defensively we were v good, and they worked their arses off. 

It’s fucking dire to watch bit credit where it’s due. He’s basically told them to carry on as they were under rafa last season and it’s working for him. He more or less admitted on telly that he tried to change the style of play but he wasn’t good enough to do it.

We need to figure out a way to get ASM and Almiron further forward. They spent most of the game at full back and when they won the ball back we ended up going down blind alleys as they were so far from the opposition goal. Joelinton did OK holding the ball up with long balls (although his 3rd touch was invariably a tackle) but rarely had anyone even in the same half as him. 

Bringing in Jarrod Bowen will make zero difference unless we figure out how to stop playing with 10 men behind the ball for most of the match

10 hours ago, Isegrim said:

Didn't Caulkin literally write an article about Ritchie attacking corner flags this week? 

Edit: aye, PL posted it. 

Edited by Renton

43 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

We need to figure out a way to get ASM and Almiron further forward. They spent most of the game at full back and when they won the ball back we ended up going down blind alleys as they were so far from the opposition goal. Joelinton did OK holding the ball up with long balls (although his 3rd touch was invariably a tackle) but rarely had anyone even in the same half as him. 

Bringing in Jarrod Bowen will make zero difference unless we figure out how to stop playing with 10 men behind the ball for most of the match

I’ve never consciously seen Bowen play but I’m going to state that, as much as I’m willing to believe that his is a good player, he is indisputably not what we need in this window..

842414C8-32E9-403D-9327-E722540BD457.jpeg

I think that when Almiron, ASM and Joelinton are all fit Bruce understandably wants to play them. But that system as per yesterday just doesn’t work in an attacking sense. We play a sort of 3-4-2-1. On paper it sounds ok but you have the problem I’ve already mention with Shelvey being one of a two in the middle. We tend to get overrun there and can’t control games and have hardly any possession. Also ASM and Almiron get sucked into helping the midfield out and play as almost auxiliary wingbacks. It leaves Joelinton completely isolated (irrespective of how good / bad he is). We had a better shape with Almiron in the middle in an attacking midfield role when we were playing 3-5-2 in some games when ASM wasn’t fit. Obviously Chelsea are a decent side but they weren’t anything special yesterday but we struggled to string two passes together. Even a slight tweak to revert back to that with ASM closer to Joelinton and Almiron in the middle would help I think. I’d play S. Longstaff alongside Hayden behind Almiron 

• Like 2