Scouse Makems v Two pints of lager and packet of crisps please.

sammynb

20 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Nope, he seems to flatter to deceive occasionally but it is amazing how bad he is at the basics - controlling a ball, 5 metre passes, not getting pushed off the ball.

He doesn't seem to be able to play with his back to goal either which is important for a striker/forward who isn't blessed with lightning pace.

And none of those things are "confidence."

Playing with his back to goal clearly isn't his natural game though. We need Rondon V. 2.0. in this window above anything else. Oh and a left back..

3 minutes ago, Ugly Mackems said:

How does he get picked. We've 30 points and played with 10 men pretty much all season. 

He gets picked because he cost 40 million. Try and let that figure sink in a bit. 40 fuckin million. Am convinced it's the most bent transfer in history 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

He gets picked because he cost 40 million. Try and let that figure sink in a bit. 40 fuckin million. Am convinced it's the most bent transfer in history 

I couldn't / wouldn't disagree. Feel a bit sorry for him - he's just not good enough at PL level. 

30 minutes ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Was he not an attacking wide-ish player at his previous club? 

He looks absolutely clueless in every position he temporarily finds himself in. Chuck in his lack of effort and the £40m he cost and you have our worst ever signing. 

Easily our worst signing value wise, however since we probably only actually paid £8m for hi- actually he’s still the worst signing value wise

Edited by 247
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, ewerk said:

Deserved point or a bit lucky?

A lot lucky. At least against Chelsea we occasionally retained the ball and managed to string some passes together. Almiron, Richie and Dubravka were the only ones who turned up yesterday 

1 hour ago, essembeeofsunderland said:

Was he not an attacking wide-ish player at his previous club? 

He looks absolutely clueless in every position he temporarily finds himself in. Chuck in his lack of effort and the £40m he cost and you have our worst ever signing. 

Apparently, but he has no pace, no tricks and his 2nd touch is usually a tackle so it's pointless playing him there in this league 

7 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

No chance he only cost 8 million. We’re stupid enough to stump up 40 million for Graham Carr to get a bumper pay out

Aye mate you’re not wrong. I can’t see it being actually £40m mind, probably a load of add ons and fishy agent fees etc 

Joselu first season played 30 in the league scored 4 

Joelinton first season played 22 in the league scored 1 

Oh how I wish we could go back to the halcyon days of watching Joselu shinning sitters into the post.. good times 

Edited by 247

Honestly the technique of Schar, Lejeune and even Fernandez is better than our actual striking options. Positionally they'd no doubt be a bit all over the place and probably not too keen on covering huge amounts of ground, but Bruce is just the type of visionary to start one of them up front. The players would be up for it for sure.

3 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

A lot lucky. At least against Chelsea we occasionally retained the ball and managed to string some passes together. Almiron, Richie and Dubravka were the only ones who turned up yesterday 

We had a lot more possession than we did against Chelsea. I’m not disagreeing re: last night but I think to say we managed to occasionally retain the ball on Saturday is sugar-coating it a bit. Last night’s performance was just markedly worse. Which took some doing :lol: 

Edited by Alex

Last night is  probably among the worst 5 away performances I've seen under Ashley. We were second to absolutely fuckin everything, when we got on the ball we were bullied off it at least half a dozen times and they appeared two yards quicker all over the pitch. It wasn't a lack of effort on our part as such, they just physically dominated us for the whole until Ancelotti made some late changes and Pickford fucked up in injury time. There is consolation in that performance by the virtue of the point but absolutely nothing else. 

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Last night is  probably among the worst 5 away performances I've seen under Ashley. We were second to absolutely fuckin everything, when we got on the ball we were bullied off it at least half a dozen times and they appeared two yards quicker all over the pitch. It wasn't a lack of effort on our part as such, they just physically dominated us for the whole until Ancelotti made some late changes and Pickford fucked up in injury time. There is consolation in that performance by the virtue of the point but absolutely nothing else. 

It was indeed a very pathetic performance until the last 4 minutes. The only players who garnered any credit for their display were Dubravka, Ritchie, and Almiron. Some credit of course must be given to late substitute Lejuene for his 2 goals, especially the scissor-kick.

Joelinton keeps on being a dud, Atsu was absolute rubbish, Lascelles went from star  against Chelsea to dire defender against Everton. I could go on and on but I'll stop now.

5 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Matty Longstaff had a terrible game, gave it away every time he touched the ball.

15 hours ago, 247 said:

I can’t see it being actually £40m mind, probably a load of add ons and fishy agent fees etc 

Probably £10m for the player and £30m in wages (for him and everyone else), bonuses (as if), agent's fees, staff working in the ticket office (if there are any or even if there is a ticket office at all), the tea lady's pittance, and Cashley's profit.

• Haha 1