PL Owners Survey

Lintonian

For my university dissertation I am researching Premier League season ticket holders' views of the owners of their clubs. If you have a season ticket at Newcastle could you answer this quick survey, takes less than 5 mins. It would be hugely appreciated. 

bit.ly/2ZU91zc

Cheers

Edited by Lintonian
Link not active
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lintonian said:

For my university dissertation I am researching Premier League season ticket holders' views of the owners of their clubs. If you have a season ticket at Newcastle could you answer this quick survey, takes less than 5 mins. It would be hugely appreciated. 

bit.ly/2ZU91zc

Cheers

Here's my own question. What the fuck have you got against fans who don't have a season ticket? Fuck your survey and fuck you! :finger:

Spoiler

He's a cunt. There's your answer. :good:

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Here's my own question. What the fuck have you got against fans who don't have a season ticket? Fuck your survey and fuck you! :finger:

Hide contents

He's a cunt. There's your answer. :good:

Nothing. I appreciate that a lot of fans don't have a ST and some don't due to Ashley. But the survey is directed towards STH so that less plastics and fair-weather fans respond as they would likely have different views than the most core support and so would affect the validity of the research.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Lintonian said:

Nothing. I appreciate that a lot of fans don't have a ST and some don't due to Ashley. But the survey is directed towards STH so that less plastics and fair-weather fans respond as they would likely have different views than the most core support and so would affect the validity of the research.

That's a reasonable view in most clubs maybe, but there's a solid contingent of non-plastic and non-fair weather fans who refuse to buy season tickets for NUFC these days. Well into the thousands. I would also suggest that you haven't perhaps factored in the economics of some people's situations, and that your research might be skewed a bit in favour of better off fans (who can afford to up-front a season ticket/have the job stability to commit to ongoing payments - and who may indeed be plastics despite this). At least it's worth noting down as a consideration.

Either way, I suggest that with our club, you'll struggle to find anyone outside of Sunderland who doesn't think the owner is a cunt.

Good luck though.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Lintonian said:

:lol:

Some of the most plastic NUFC fans I've ever met have had season tickets. (Anyway, I was only having a carry on with you, mate). ;)

1 hour ago, Lintonian said:

I had a season ticket for 26 years. I gave it up because he's a cunt. 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, Lintonian said:

bit.ly/2ZU91zc

Cheers

You need to improve your researching skills mate.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lintonian said:

my old man started taking to me to matches at the back end of the 60s.

i rarely missed a home game thereafter till 2008.

i got my first season ticket in the early 90s only because it became a necessity, prior to that i was only really aware they exsisted for upstairs in the west stand and likewise in the east stand once it was built. the old popular side was where i cut me teeth.

as it stands it's completely unecessary to have a season ticket for nufc, not even to save a few pennies. on the contrary, hang on for a year or so and you'll be able to get one for nowt like the recent 10,000 backdrops for a sports direct advert.

no disrespect mate, but you're courting the wrong people for your survey, because the current crop of nufc season ticket holders are the most profoundly stupid people ever to set foot in st james' park.

oh and just in case you missed it the first time.....

mike ashley is a cunt, i hope he gets sucked in to a jet engine.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

he's an absolute cunt.

hope a hellfire missile lands on his head.

That’s completely out of order. It would over too quick

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

Some of the most plastic NUFC fans I've ever met have had season tickets. (Anyway, I was only having a carry on with you, mate). ;)

Trudged through the 80s without attending a match types? ;) 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Alex said:

Trudged through the 80s without attending a match types? ;) 

:good:

Hated football till Italia 90 and/or sky took over and couldn't tell you any match anecdotes from before then and didn't know many players pre-1992 types. :lol:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

'Hi 606, Newcastle fan, I'm a season ticket holder.'

(Me in the car) 'What hand do you hold it with you fucking knob.'

:good:

;)

That’s fucking spot on, that. The amount of people who used to phone in and say that about having (whichever club they supported) “Hi David, I’ve got a season ticket down at ‘the Bridge’ and...” like it gave their opinion some extra weight 😂

• Like 1