Bruce's Super Noodle Sandwiches v. Farke's Topics

Meenzer

37 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I'm reading that "Joelinton was all over the pitch" and "He put the graft in". SO FUCK. He needs to be in the box in the right positions to score, that's what his job should be. He's not a natural goalscorer, he's waste of a fucking shirt playing him up front.

To be fair, graft is more than he was offering 3/4 month ago. By April, he might have a similar goal tally to Joselu.

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

To be fair, graft is more than he was offering 3/4 month ago. By April, he might have a similar goal tally to Joselu.

He's not good enough. Only question needs asking is how he's played 20 games. You can see his teammates want to bypass him. 

2 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

With the risk of feeling the ire of J69...... it's been fucking shite so far and we're lucky Norwich haven't been a bit more clinical. 

It was fucking awful. First 10mins we had players in their half and ran at them. Then we settled back into our usual 9-1 formation. Almiron and ASM are easily our best attacking players but end up with 5 men each to beat whenever they get the ball.

Might be time to go back to 442 and stick ASM off Joelinton. We can't get much worse 

5 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

It was fucking awful. First 10mins we had players in their half and ran at them. Then we settled back into our usual 9-1 formation. Almiron and ASM are easily our best attacking players but end up with 5 men each to beat whenever they get the ball.

Might be time to go back to 442 and stick ASM off Joelinton. We can't get much worse 

I think Almiron works better centrally but aye, we need another player in the middle. It’s not sustainable to play like this.

52 minutes ago, Tdansmith said:

Norwich manager Daniel Farke

"Newcastle have so much quality up front.

Is he drunk ?

Well, I’d like to judge the quality if the players would be used to their strengths and without jurassic tactics.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

The same argument applies to Almiron and ASM though. You've lamented Joelintons lack of service whilst praising our two creative players as our best.

Because, (and you know this but I'll indulge you) they play wide of a front 3 on paper, but in reality spend most of the match as auxiliary fullbacks. Our issue lies with a poor striker and no-one in midfield who can retain possession or beat a man, meaning most of our moves break down and we end up with 9 men behind the ball.

When Almiron or ASM do get the ball the opposition full backs look shit scared and end up getting yellow cards hauling them down. ASM was unlucky not to score today after roasting their RB and bending one in the corner. 

So yes, we have 2 of the best wide men we've had in a long time. But carrying 2 or 3 players every game means we only see glimpses of what they can do. Hence why we bid £35mil for a ball carrying midfielder. 

You're welcome 

• Like 1

What's the point in our u23s btw? We've got 3/4 of our strikers injured and the other one has 1 goal in 23 games. I can't believe there isn't 1 striker in the u23s or u18s who isn't worth a place on the bench to come on and run around for the last 10mins. Allen looked handy enough against Rochdale and got an assist. He can't be any fucking worse than Atsu 

Kids in the north east have been picking either boro or Sunderland academies since I was a teenager. It’s not new, and it relates to the owner not investing in it, and the kids knowing there is not a real pathway into first team football. 

i understand that here has been more recently but I think that is just intransigence from the owner regarding spending money, rather than the lads actually being premiership level footballers.