Inspector Morse's Oxford Jag lovers V Sergeant Lewis's Wreck of a club

Tdansmith

ASM clearly decided in extra time there, that the only person who was going to win this game for us was him. Wasn't interested in passing, especially after the Atsu fiasco - knew he couldn't rely on his teammates to deliver anything, so made it happen himself. Credit to him.

As a football club, as much as I'm pleased we won, that we managed to get ourselves into a situation like that is laughable.

Press: "Steve, what do you say to critics who suggest you showed a real lack of tactics today?

Steve: "Tactics... ya need more than one now?"

we're mid table in the league with twice as many points as we deserve.

we have an at best mid table championship standard manager.

we're in the 5th round of the cup after winning one game out of four over 90 minutes against mid table 3rd division clubs.

our owner is a cunt.

reckon that might've been luke wanking in the away end?

Fucking hell, I was expecting a goal in the second half of extra time and no penalties, but I didn't think it would be from us. If ASM can add that sort of finishing in the premier, well, he'll be sold pretty quickly. And again I know it was against Oxford, albeit who played like a top class team at times, but Longstaff had a great game in that advanced position. It's the first time this season I've seen him approach anything like his form from the end of last season. Of course Bruce will likely let normal service resume for the Arsenal game and have him playing further back, if indeed he starts.

At my age I should not be subjected to an extra 30 minutes of nail-biting trauma.

St. Max I luv you, but did you have to wait until all my nails were down to the wick?

At the start of extra-time I honestly thought they would score, and they very nearly did.

Again, I luv you St. Max for not subjecting me to penalty kicks, which I'm sure we would have lost.