boing boing Baggies v boring boring Mags. FA Cup 5th round

Tdansmith

West Brom got beat by Wigan at home on Saturday 

They may well field a weaker side, having bigger fish to fry this season

The bookies have them slight favourites 

Anyway, there’s a full turnout from south coast Mags for this with a cheeky midweek stopover in Brum, apart from me.... I booked tickets to see Michael Kiwanuka (ftao @Christmas Tree , he’s not a new young Ivorian centre forward currently tearing up Bundesliga 2, he’s a musician :good: )  about eight months ago as a “secret gig” ie the current Mrs PL knows she’s going out tonight but doesn’t have a clue where we’re going so she is currently v. excited indeed about what’s to come. Imagine my joyful fuckin face when I found out that these two events were to on the same evening. Does anyone know if it’s possible to record something on the red button on iPlayer? You know, just in case we win 8 nil or something?...... :glare: 

Edited by PaddockLad

43 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

West Brom got beat by Wigan at home on Saturday 

They may well field a weaker side, having bigger fish to fry this season

The bookies have them slight favourites 

Anyway, there’s a full turnout from south coast Mags for this with a cheeky midweek stopover in Brum, apart from me.... I booked tickets to see Michael Kiwanuka (ftao @Christmas Tree , he’s not a new young Ivorian centre forward currently tearing up Bundesliga 2, he’s a musician :good: )  about eight months ago as a “secret gig” ie the current Mrs PL knows she’s going out tonight but doesn’t have a clue where we’re going so she is currently v. excited indeed about what’s to come. Imagine my joyful fuckin face when I found out that these two events were to on the same evening. Does anyone know if it’s possible to record something on the red button on iPlayer? You know, just in case we win 8 nil or something?...... :glare: 

If the missus doesn’t know where you will go you could easily switch the venue of the secret gig to the Hawthorns. I guess there might even be some dildos and helicopters on stage as a bonus.

13 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

If the missus doesn’t know where you will go you could easily switch the venue of the secret gig to the Hawthorns. I guess there might even be some dildos and helicopters on stage as a bonus.

She refuses to watch anything to do with  NUFC, citing the fact that they’re “shit”; which I must confess is faultless logic. I’ll be sure to pass on the thoughts of the German Cultural Attaché though :lol: 

13 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I’ll take the Kiwanuka ticket. I can sit next to your lass if you want but it’s not a deal breaker for me.

I’m better about it now than I was a month ago. She’s asking if you can send a pic through though? No pressure.. ;)

Edited by PaddockLad

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Does anyone know if it’s possible to record something on the red button on iPlayer? You know, just in case we win 8 nil or something?...... :glare: 

Red button should be available as a separate channel up in the gods somewhere (it's 991 or something on Virgin, don't know about Sky or Freeview but it'll be there somewhere).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Red button should be available as a separate channel up in the gods somewhere (it's 991 or something on Virgin, don't know about Sky or Freeview but it'll be there somewhere).

Sky (UK only): Channel 981 (HD); Channels 982–987 (2-6, 1)

Freeview: Channels 601–606 (1-6)

Sister channel(s): BBC One; BBC Two; BBC Three (online); BBC Four; BBC News; BBC Parliament; CBBC; CBeebies

Virgin Media: Channel 990 (HD); Channels 991–996 (1-6)

Freesat: Channel 980 (HD); Channels 981–986 (1-6)

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Did anyone actually find out what the parking is like in and around Wembley?

Not sure, but I do know you get there by following one of the supporters’ coaches 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Anorthernsoul said:

Did anyone actually find out what the parking is like in and around Wembley?

It’s hilarious how some people really think that we have got a chance to win the cup and would prefer it over staying in the league.

After reaching the 5th round by narrowly beating the likes of Rochdale and Oxford.

Deluded.

8 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

It’s hilarious how some people really think that we have got a chance to win the cup and would prefer it over staying in the league.

After reaching the 5th round by narrowly beating the likes of Rochdale and Oxford.

Deluded.

Tbh that's the perfect outcome from this season for me, relegation for Ashley's poxy regime but a cup win for the fans? Bring it on :good:

• Like 2