Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

On a purely selfish note, I’ve got a holiday to Tenerife booked in 2 months. Is it worth buying cancellation insurance now? Or will the insurance companies just cite act of God bollocks

I am supposed to be going to Italy in June!

If there is any upside to this, is that the ignorance, lies, and bullshit from Trump is about to be exposed big time. The US is heading for catastrophe with their pathetic healthcare and social system. If they still vote for him after this, they can go fuck themselves. 

There has to be alarm bells ringing, there’s a pandemic that will kill a great amount of people as it’s $3500 to get tested for the virus and at the same time you’ve got people like Biden campaigning against universal healthcare.

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Wow, so it really could wipe out the remaining members of this board given their advanced age.

My chances of dying have practically doubled since I turned 40 the other year

7 minutes ago, trophyshy said:

Just seen the new Public Health England Coronavirus prevention advice includes instructions to stand up when you wipe your arse.

I CHOOSE DEATH!

• Haha 2

You do have to wonder about the testing going on. My wife was unwell on Saturday with a cough, fever and breathing difficulties. She rang the out of hours helpline and was told it was probably just her asthma playing up. Turns out it was just that but they certainly didn't seem to be taking it too seriously.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You do have to wonder about the testing going on. My wife was unwell on Saturday with a cough, fever and breathing difficulties. She rang the out of hours helpline and was told it was probably just her asthma playing up. Turns out it was just that but they certainly didn't seem to be taking it too seriously.

Are you just annoyed they were right?

Just now, ewerk said:

A friend of mine had similar.  She works in the stroke ward of a hospital and she's worried about spreading anything.

She has just come back from the US and is worried after she started with some symptoms.

I, for one, will certainly enjoy the irony of the generation who calls everyone younger than them “snowflakes” dying out to a virus that does the most damage to them. It’s just evolution reacting to overpopulation by thinning the herd. If they are weak, they must go. It’s beautiful when you sit back and consider it; natural selection in motion, the cosmic balancing of the scales. On one side, the youthful, the free and strong. On the other one, all the old racist cunts who have tried to sell everyone else down the river who are at risk. You love to see it.

11 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I, for one, will certainly enjoy the irony of the generation who calls everyone younger than them “snowflakes” dying out to a virus that does the most damage to them. It’s just evolution reacting to overpopulation by thinning the herd. If they are weak, they must go. It’s beautiful when you sit back and consider it; natural selection in motion, the cosmic balancing of the scales. On one side, the youthful, the free and strong. On the other one, all the old racist cunts who have tried to sell everyone else down the river who are at risk. You love to see it.

I really hope this doesn't come back to bite you on the arse. :icon_lol:

So my colleague is telling me a wifey in Sunderland is critically ill with it. No contact history with any known cases or people from infected areas at all.

It's out there now folks. 

36 minutes ago, Renton said:

So my colleague is telling me a wifey in Sunderland is critically ill with it. No contact history with any known cases or people from infected areas at all.

It's out there now folks. 

Aye, currently in STDH for treatment. 

The stuff about tests is a tough one. I heard it’s £3500 per test, although that might be bullshit. If it is you can see why they won’t be testing every man, woman and child with a sniffle. Half the country would want a test 

The cost is nowhere near that, it came from an American who paid around $3200 but that was US prices and included tests for flu and a number of other respiratory illnesses. It isn't costing the NHS that.

Edited by ewerk