Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Testing costs will be low here, although precautions will need to be taken which will add to them. We have an influenza surveillancesystem set up which is being used. No idea about capacity though.

3 hours ago, trophyshy said:

Just seen the new Public Health England Coronavirus prevention advice includes instructions to stand up when you wipe your arse.

:lol:
Does that mean I’ve got natural immunity? 

I totally believe it's gonna be shite and a lot of people are gonna die from it, but I don't reckon the UK is facing "hundreds of thousands" of deaths. And people are constantly saying to me "how do you know so much about this stuff". They say it all the time. I guess I must be a natural. 

• Haha 1

I've just told my sister that booking a Sunday lunch on mother's day two weeks from now, when this thing is gonna be significantly worse than it currently is, with a mother with an already fucked immune system, is moronic. 

She has backed down but only under significant protest.

I've just booked a mother's day meal today for the wife, didn't think about it. It's in the Magpie suite at SJP, with a stadium tour included.

Now no doubt I will get stick for handing FCB more money. But worse, the fuckers actually made me pay up front. Like I'll ever see that money back if its cancelled.

:doh:

My mate at work is sat here coughing up a storm. When I told him he was sounding a bit corona-y, he told me that it's only cos he got wet while waiting for the bus yesterday. :lol:

I mean I'm joking but it's a serious point that people have to take responsibility for where the line is. 

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've just booked a mother's day meal today for the wife, didn't think about it. It's in the Magpie suite at SJP, with a stadium tour included.

Now no doubt I will get stick for handing FCB more money. But worse, the fuckers actually made me pay up front. Like I'll ever see that money back if its cancelled.

:doh:

You'll be deed by the time the desserts tray comes out. 

18 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've just told my sister that booking a Sunday lunch on mother's day two weeks from now, when this thing is gonna be significantly worse than it currently is, with a mother with an already fucked immune system, is moronic. 

She has backed down but only under significant protest.

Great shout, that. There’s money saved for next week. I bet we won’t read this hack in Martin Lewis’ newsletter!

5 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Fistette gets back around 4pm today on the Lurgy Bus. 

I asked her what she wanted for tea and she was straight back with

” Chinese”

:lol: Definitely mine. 

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/coronavirus-longbenton-high-school-italy-17896782

Famous. Posing for photos with the Knight Ryder next...

• Haha 1

:lol:
I was going to pick her up in a paper suit and face mask that I have in my dungeon work bag, but the Mrs. put the blockers on. 

The level of bed-wetting from some of Longbenton’s finest rednecks is top notch entertainment.