Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

I was supposed to be going to Belgium at the end of the month to watch some racing.  The racing has been cancelled which isn't a surprise.  The Hotel emailed today saying the government guidance is the restaurant and bars will be shut but I can get food in my room.  I can cancel anyways and get a full refund.

But the biggest pain is the fucking Eurotunnel.  Will get fuck all back off that.

wife just told me are all stocked up on groceries for a two week shut in, she said all we need now is 300 beers and 5 L of wine and we are good! 

55 minutes ago, tooner said:

wife just told me are all stocked up on groceries for a two week shut in, she said all we need now is 300 beers and 5 L of wine and we are good! 

What will you drink for the other 13 days? 

• Haha 1

My work has said they’re staying open after looking like they might close offices. Additionally they have said we now have to fill in a form daily by 9am to say what we are working on, as this will be used to staff people to projects where team members have been infected and are at home/hospital :lol: so the firms response to this is to give us more fucking admin and make us feel like even more of a resource than a person. 

1 hour ago, Howay said:

My work has said they’re staying open after looking like they might close offices. Additionally they have said we now have to fill in a form daily by 9am to say what we are working on, as this will be used to staff people to projects where team members have been infected and are at home/hospital :lol: so the firms response to this is to give us more fucking admin and make us feel like even more of a resource than a person. 

I work for a pharmaceutical company and there is absolutely no plan if someone gets a confirmed diagnosis :lol: Everyone pretty much interacts with everyone else so there’s no choice but to shut the place down tbh.

• Haha 1

Or they are making it up as they go along. But I'm sure that can't be true of this government., they never u turn do they?

Who cares anyway? 99.9% of us wil get a mild cold and be back at work in a week apparently. 

Edited by Renton

8 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Thread

So you’ve gone from saying that mass gatherings have little effect on the levels of transmission to believing that the government is using mass gatherings in order to transmit the virus?

That’s quite a fucking turnaround for you. :lol: 

And I understand the theory behind herd immunity, the problem is that the government appear to be happy to sacrifice the vulnerable. The big problem I can see here is that they’re not encouraging testing for those with the illness and so don’t have an accurate figure of the number of infected to accurately decide when to ‘turn off the taps’ other than using hospital admission figures. We’re basically being used as guinea pigs in Cummings’ giant science experiment.

• Like 1

My sister in law saw a young girl nearly in tears in Asda yesterday because the shelves were empty of nappies. Thankfully a worker checked out the back and brought her a couple of packs but she only took one, obviously couldn’t afford both. These are the sort of people that stockpiling is really hurting.

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, ewerk said:

My sister in law saw a young girl nearly in tears in Asda yesterday because the shelves were empty of nappies. Thankfully a worker checked out the back and brought her a couple of packs but she only took one, obviously couldn’t afford both. These are the sort of people that stockpiling is really hurting.

It's caused by that Bungle cunt in number 10.  Saying we're all going to fucking die.  His pals in Murdoch Media have caused a fucking frenzy.  It's absolute madness.

• Like 2