Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

5 hours ago, Sonatine said:

According to reports the attempts were rebuffed by the majority investor. That’s Dietmar Hopp the de facto owner of Hoffenheim who is hated by a large number of football fans. Trump wanted to secure the vaccine exclusively for the US while Hopp said it’s something that has to be available to the whole world  as soon as possible. 

Edited by Isegrim
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

I’ve got slightly involved on twitter over this Rooney thing. I understand how he’s feeling but he can completely insulate himself from risk due to his wealth. I get that he feels like he and his colleagues feel used because of the huge amounts of money in top level European football and the football authorities waited until they had no choice but to cancel the fixtures but I dare say the vast majority of us on here and umpteen million others who he’s made his from over the years are all still being asked to turn in tomorrow. So the fat scouse cunt can fuck off

Just another example of how out of touch he is. I love the threat that he’ll leave a sport where he has fuck all to offer and he’s just robbing a living because he still can. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

According to reports the attempts were rebuffed by the majority investor. That’s Dietmar Hopp the de facto owner of Hoffenheim who is hated by a large number of football fans. Trump wanted to secure the vaccine exclusively for the U while Hopp said it’s something that has to be available to the whole word as soon as possible. 

in fairness he doesn't really need trump's money since ashley gave him a £40m contribution for nowt.

• Haha 3

UK government was stopping tests outside of hospital. “For me and the WHO people I have spoken to, this is absolutely the wrong policy. It would mean it just lets rip,” he said.

Costello thinks we will be in the same position as Italy within two weeks. “The basic public health approach is playing second fiddle to mathematical modelling,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-health-experts-fear-epidemic-will-let-rip-through-uk

17 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

UK government was stopping tests outside of hospital. “For me and the WHO people I have spoken to, this is absolutely the wrong policy. It would mean it just lets rip,” he said.

Costello thinks we will be in the same position as Italy within two weeks. “The basic public health approach is playing second fiddle to mathematical modelling,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/15/coronavirus-health-experts-fear-epidemic-will-let-rip-through-uk

‘Let’s do things differently, let’s shake shit up’. Which senior government advisor does this sound like?

This is when it’s really comes into focus how people’s votes at the ballot box really are a matter of life or death.

Now maybe the U.K. will have pulled off a masterstroke and against all the advice they’ve chosen the best path but right now it’s very clear that they are happy to gamble with lives.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

A few things ring true though.  The white noise out there at the moment is deafening.

I was speaking to a mate yesterday (on the phone before anyone panics) and we were both saying Bungle Johnson should have been holding evening breifings.  His lack of communication and even lack of effective communication is causing mass panic.  Then you have bell ends at the moment like Pier Morgan throwing their tuppance in.

My stepsister, a doctor, married to an infectious diseases consultant, reckons we are well prepared for this compared to other countries. No sense from her that retired doctors will be needed. A&E apparently quiet for now as most people stay away. 

Routine work and elective surgeries will be cancelled so all hands will be on deck when the shit hits the fan. We should be better placed to cope than those countries with fragmented, privatised healthcare, she says. Sounds like a huge national effort is underway and it was quite comforting speaking to her. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NJS said:

Like the end of War of the world's when they crawl out of their tanks and a Morgan Freeman voice over tells us it was all God's plan :)

:lol: That’s not in the book 

53 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

My stepsister, a doctor, married to an infectious diseases consultant, reckons we are well prepared for this compared to other countries. No sense from her that retired doctors will be needed. A&E apparently quiet for now as most people stay away. 

Routine work and elective surgeries will be cancelled so all hands will be on deck when the shit hits the fan. We should be better placed to cope than those countries with fragmented, privatised healthcare, she says. Sounds like a huge national effort is underway and it was quite comforting speaking to her. 

That's good Gloom, thanks for that.  Nice bit of positive in this.

The wife's disabled, she usually does an online shop once a week from Sainsburys and sometimes Asda and I usually pop up to Sainsbury's of wherever getting bits and bobs that we've forgot or bits from elsewhere. Asda and Sainsbury's online shopping booked out for three weeks. So if you're disabled or would struggle to get out to shop and you have nobody to help you or do your shop you're fucked because a few more people can't be arsed to shop in person or think they'll beat the queue, whatever? If they expect the vulnerable and elderly to self isolate is their going to be any plans in place to actually feed and water them as well as making they're getting their medication etc? A plan and an explanation might be a bit reassuring if it's not too much trouble from our betters in government? 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Johnson has wanted to be Winston Churchill all his life. Now he has the chance I bet he is fucking hating his life. 

Can you imagine Churchill during the Blitz saying

'Yes, millions of you will die'

Fuck me.  He's more like Chruchill the fucking dog the floppy haired cunt.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Johnson has wanted to be Winston Churchill all his life. Now he has the chance I bet he is fucking hating his life. 

You're not suggesting that the  fuckin crapping bastard is fuckin crapping it are you?... What a completely unexpected surprise :cuppa:

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The wife's disabled, she usually does an online shop once a week from Sainsburys and sometimes Asda and I usually pop up to Sainsbury's of wherever getting bits and bobs that we've forgot or bits from elsewhere. Asda and Sainsbury's online shopping booked out for three weeks. So if you're disabled or would struggle to get out to shop and you have nobody to help you or do your shop you're fucked because a few more people can't be arsed to shop in person or think they'll beat the queue, whatever? If they expect the vulnerable and elderly to self isolate is their going to be any plans in place to actually feed and water them as well as making they're getting their medication etc? A plan and an explanation might be a bit reassuring if it's not too much trouble from our betters in government? 

Yep. This crisis is bringing out the worst in people. 40 years of thatcherism (excepting 1998 to 2010 ;) ). Tbf I think it's the same everywhere. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

My missus is an A&E nurse and they are already creaking. Running out of masks already as well.

I’ve never got the masks crack, in construction they have to be face fit tested to prove that they are working and providing a seal around the mouth and nose.

I doubt any of the people wearing them on the streets has face fit tested themselves, or even in a hospital setting?

16 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

My mam and dad are both in their 80's, and I'd do an online delivery for them every couple of weeks to stop them lugging back any heavy stuff.  No chance of that now <_<

• Like 1