Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

8 minutes ago, Sonatine said:

My mam and dad are both in their 80's, and I'd do an online delivery for them every couple of weeks to stop them lugging back any heavy stuff.  No chance of that now <_<

My folks are in their 70s but my sister lives with them, she works with patients though as an OT so good news on the shopping front, not so good for chances of passing anything on. I'm a bit wary of visiting in case I pass anything on and one of my daughters has just started working at a pharmacy so thinking it's only a matter of time before we get it so want to keep my distance from my mam and dad. It's shit. :(

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’ve never got the masks crack, in construction they have to be face fit tested to prove that they are working and providing a seal around the mouth and nose.

I doubt any of the people wearing them on the streets has face fit tested themselves, or even in a hospital setting?

No, they are pretty useless by all accounts. They are not prepared though  - by the sounds of it.

Edited by Holden McGroin

My mother lives 350 miles away from me (and my bro) so not much chance we can pass anything on.

I feel for people dying alone when they start dying in isolation though - which seemingly will happen when the numbers ramp up. No-one deserves that.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, NJS said:

That's the Tom Cruise version. 

I gathered that like. I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch it 

44 minutes ago, strawb said:

I’ve never got the masks crack, in construction they have to be face fit tested to prove that they are working and providing a seal around the mouth and nose.

I doubt any of the people wearing them on the streets has face fit tested themselves, or even in a hospital setting?

It’s more about stopping the spread if you’re infected. They provide zero protection 

38 minutes ago, Alex said:

I gathered that like. I’ve never been able to bring myself to watch it 

I don't usually watch any of his films after he ruined Interview with a Vampire tbh but that sort of drew me in.

I'm beginning to feel shit. I think I've got a fever and so far just a slight cough, but also a bit short of breath. Same symptoms as my colleague got last Monday, she's still ill. Could be psychosomatic I guess. I cant measure my temperature as everywhere is sold out of thermometers, and of course there is no testing for this thing unless you get admitted to hospital. Going to go home, have a lie down, and reassess tomorrow. 

• Like 2

Thats the thing without the South Korea mass testing programme - people might get quite ill with a normal cold or even a flu and think they've had it only to get the real deal later on. Conversely they might deal with it quite well but not realise and keep being wary for another year.

Among all the debate about strategies etc I think its the lack of testing I distrust the most.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm beginning to feel shit. I think I've got a fever and so far just a slight cough, but also a bit short of breath. Same symptoms as my colleague got last Monday, she's still ill. Could be psychosomatic I guess. I cant measure my temperature as everywhere is sold out of thermometers, and of course there is no testing for this thing unless you get admitted to hospital. Going to go home, have a lie down, and reassess tomorrow. 

I've come home too, went in to make sure a job I did Friday was working ok & pick my van up from the garage where it was getting fixed. Phoned my supervisor on the way to the garage and got a bollocking for turning in. Literally the only person in a workforce of 10k who gives a tiny shit .

Hope you feel better tomorrow mate take care :good:

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've had the same issue trying to track down a thermometer around here, and all the available ones on Amazon (which aren't many) are either super-expensive or they're shipped from the Far East with estimated delivery in the second half of April. :lol:

I found this on eBay which is at least UK-based and claims it'll be delivered within the week, but at the price obviously it might be cheap tat and not actually do the job properly. Maybe worth a pop for a fiver though, assuming you haven't succumbed to the plague by then (by which I mean "hope it's nowt, get well soon" :flowers: )

Not quite sure why we don't already own a thermometer when we've got more obscure things like blood pressure monitors in the house, but there we are...

10 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

I've come home too, went in to make sure a job I did Friday was working ok & pick my van up from the garage where it was getting fixed. Phoned my supervisor on the way to the garage and got a bollocking for turning in. Literally the only person in a workforce of 10k who gives a tiny shit .

Hope you feel better tomorrow mate take care :good:

Cheers, you too. My sister just phoned to say she secured a thermometer for me from Wilkos, bless her. I think temperature monitoring is the best we can do. It's not specific, but is sensitive. 

Agree with NJS the lack of testing makes me not really trust the government. Even the clinical staff here at the Freeman can't get tested. Theres a risk they could pass it on to some very ill people. My own office is next door to a haematology clinic full of immunosuppressed patients with blood cancers. 

I'm a massive hypochondriac I must admit. at least I hope I am. ;)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Renton said:

I knew you would be the first to break.

Good luck, go home, fire up Netflix and do fuck all til you're better. 

9 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I think Caprice posts on here under a couple of pseudonyms :lol:

It's 2020 ffs. What is Caprice doing on telly full stop, never mind to offer her fucking opinion about a global pandemic. Vine should be fucking ashamed of himself for having to do that show. 

• Like 1