Anorthernsoul

4 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm dirty cash, the one that you asked for
I'm wanted by the rich and the poor
More and more, you just can't reject it
You're the junkie and I inject it
Into your blood stream, it's like a bad dream
Money's the theme, do you know what I mean

Did you just rap that back at him? Cos you missed a trick of you didn't. 

I just spat on his tip instead. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

There's a shop opening up by the Monument called Monkeyfist Hair. New place for you to get your pate polished! 

I’ll be sueing for copyright inmingement in due course. 
;)

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

There's a few issues with that though isn't there? I think the author needs to understand what exponential growth is for starters. Second, he needs to understand what's happened to Italy, because that's where we are headed. Also no consideration that by stopping this now, we give ourselves breathing space for drug and vaccine development, and get into summer. And why can't we have repeat quarantine phases?

I mean it's a nice theory, but we actually aren't in control here any more. 

Oh yeah. I'm sure he just works in a garden centre or something like that.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Oh yeah. I'm sure he just works in a garden centre or something like that.

I'm not saying there us a right answer here. But there needs to be more honesty. Our approach is very likely to cost lives but may well be cost-effective. I have no problem with that if its discussed transparently. I am concerned we're not doing what most of the rest of the world is.

Johnson shit show. 

Avoid pubs etc but he's not closing them which chucks them under a bus protecting the insurance industry. 

Nothing new on low paid. 

Wibbled through no school closures. 

11 minutes ago, NJS said:

Johnson shit show. 

Avoid pubs etc but he's not closing them which chucks them under a bus protecting the insurance industry. 

Nothing new on low paid. 

Wibbled through no school closures. 

At best, this is preparing the ground for a full shutdown so they can say in a few days' time "we asked you not to but you did it anyway, so now we're having to take action" and it doesn't seem quite as draconian so the peasants are less likely to revolt.

More likely it's just fence-sitting, whether deliberately or through fear/incompetence.

I've got several gigs and theatre shows booked for the next few weeks and as you say, for all it feels like a grown-up policy to be leaving it up to people to decide, it effectively amounts to forcing venues to make decisions on their customers' health and whether they want to absorb the impact of half-empty houses rather than just letting them close doors properly, reschedule and claim back what they can.

He’s giving people too much wriggle room- self isolate for 14 days, but you can go out for exercise. 
People should, if possible, avoid leaving the house "even to buy food or essentials". 

We know from the last election that the public are selfish cunts- these same cunts will take this “wriggle room” and think “oh, I’m ok, I can just nip to the shops/pub/whatever”, making the whole thing fucking pointless 

Meanwhile, old people, our parents, will possibly die from it.  
He needs to grow a fucking backbone, and quick. 

This is me stuck in the house for three months...

Whitty the social distancing measures announced today will protect the NHS.

He says people who are over 70 or who have a significant health condition are being asked to take even greater care. That is to reduce the risk of their having to go to hospital and to protect their health. He says these are people over 70 and people who would normally be asked to have flu injections.

Women who are pregnant are also being included, he says. He says that is because the government wants to minimise risk and does not know much at this stage about the impact of coronavirus on pregnant women.

(Previously the government has played down the prospect of pregnant women facing increased risk.)

Last Updated: 17:10

1h ago

20 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

At best, this is preparing the ground for a full shutdown so they can say in a few days' time "we asked you not to but you did it anyway, so now we're having to take action" and it doesn't seem quite as draconian so the peasants are less likely to revolt.

More likely it's just fence-sitting, whether deliberately or through fear/incompetence.

I've got several gigs and theatre shows booked for the next few weeks and as you say, for all it feels like a grown-up policy to be leaving it up to people to decide, it effectively amounts to forcing venues to make decisions on their customers' health and whether they want to absorb the impact of half-empty houses rather than just letting them close doors properly, reschedule and claim back what they can.

It very much feels like they're testing the water on stuff and reacting. I thought these fuckers survived two wars etc? Fucking useless. Btw, what's the crack in Russia? Are they immune to it as I've not heard a peep from that neck of the woods?

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

It very much feels like they're testing the water on stuff and reacting. I thought these fuckers survived two wars etc? Fucking useless. Btw, what's the crack in Russia? Are they immune to it as I've not heard a peep from that neck of the woods?

Russia is full to the brim of lying arseholes. I wouldn't believe a single statistic that country comes up with. 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Renton am I reading that right? I get a flu jab for asthma, are they telling me age is irrelevant or is it as vague as it sounds? ...

I think they're saying if you are in a high risk group that qualifies you to have a flu jab (that includes being over 70), you should get it now if you haven't already? You can get these viruses concomitantly which could well be fatal. That said, flu season is almost over. I had mine in October. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

@Renton am I reading that right? I get a flu jab for asthma, are they telling me age is irrelevant or is it as vague as it sounds? ...

Hmm, that’s got my nipsy twitching too. 
I’m on the flu jab list because of the ticker playing the cunt a few years ago. 
Have I got to hibernate? 
edit; just saw your response above- that makes sense. 
Cheers

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Over 50s are offered flu jabs at my GPs. I also have mild asthma... 

motherfucker!! closing the ski hill tomorrow, literally the lowest possibilty of transmission, everyone already wearing gloves goggles and facemasks, not to mention there are very few people at our hill.