Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

time to support the local corner shop, bakery, butcher, greengrocer or whatever is on your doorstep. that's what i've been doing. 

My corner shop was extortionate before and he’s put his prices up with this, he can fuck right off. They’re not all worth supporting, especially not that greasy cunt.

15 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

PossibleSpryJuliabutterfly-size_restrictI

I mean one silver lining in all this is that I can post this gif in response to anything Renton posts for all eternity ;) 

Am I really over reacting to the worst news story ever though? I mean the ramifications are huge, and we have Boris fucking Johnson as leader. I'll bookmark this in the hope it doesn't come back and bite you on the arse. ;)

2 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Tesco’s was out of flour yesterday. Got some at the Spar instead. Spent the night making chocolate concrete with the bairn

BAFC5573-2959-4CAC-A092-E45959CECF2C.jpeg

Sure that's CT's worktop!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Renton said:

Am I really over reacting to the worst news story ever though? I mean the ramifications are huge, and we have Boris fucking Johnson as leader. I'll bookmark this in the hope it doesn't come back and bite you on the arse. ;)

Im only pulling your leg. Of course it’s worrying, but being stoical or being hysterical will have zero impact on the outcome of corona, only on how you get through it (not saying you’re hysterical, but you get my drift)

Everything is gonna be cancelled. If they haven't done it yet, it's only because they're informing stakeholders first. 

The schools thing. Johnson cannot keep England open while the rest of the UK closes, so I suspect that'll be today's press conference. 

16 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Private renters to be protected from evictions but it doesn't stop the rent owed from snowballing in the meantime. 

All of their measures are breathing space based- they've already said mortgages won't be "let-off" but will be expected to be paid so poor cunts who lose their jobs will still be fucked down the line. 

Yeah, I can understand the theory behind a mortgage holiday being that they extend your mortgage of a few months or slightly increase future repayments but to ask rent payers to pay back three months rent over a period of a year is going to be a struggle for a lot of people.

• Like 1

Even if they followed the US and gave everyone 1 or 2k that's only one or two months rent in London.

That's also the problem of a housing sector based on parasites/landlords with buy-to-let mortgages - if we had mass council housing then it could be "written off" by government funding.

• Like 2

i'm hearing lockdown could come into effect on friday - that's enforced quarantine with restrictions on leaving your house  - so get your walks in or a jog around the park in now while you still can. could be in effect for a while if the ret of europe is anything to go by. 

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i'm hearing lockdown could come into effect on friday - that's enforced quarantine with restrictions on leaving your house  - so get your walks in or a jog around the park in now while you still can. could be in effect for a while if the ret of europe is anything to go by. 

Okay, for those of us that haven't panic bought, as advised by the government, what the fuck do we do in that situation? How's it going to be enforced? 

1 minute ago, Renton said:

Okay, for those of us that haven't panic bought, as advised by the government, what the fuck do we do in that situation? How's it going to be enforced? 

by the army, apparently. but hopefully we will be allowed out to buy food etc, as in other countries

I don't believe that's gonna happen. As long as people are leaving the house to go to work, they can be leaving the house to go to anywhere. It's completely unenforceable and there aren't enough police or armed forces to do it anyway.