Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

11 hours ago, Gemmill said:

See Tesco restrictions on products above. This will forcibly return things to normal and people will hopefully start to realise that they don't need cupboards full of everything. 

Doesn't stop families coming in separately and all buying those items, and/or just going out and coming back in, which is definitely happening here.

5 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Aussie PM 

“Stop hoarding, I can’t be more blunt about it. Stop it. It is not sensible, it is not helpful and it has been one of the most disappointing things I have seen in Australian behaviour in response to this crisis.”

Good Cunt. 

Finally actually said something useful, not that it is working  :aussie:  :)

• Haha 2

Tesco had the cheek to email me and request I leave delivery slots for the more vulnerable. I'e done my shopping online for years and given that anybody over 40 that I tell about it seems flabbergastered I find It hard to believe it'll be pensioners waiting in the wings waiting to swoop on my spot. No offer of a subscription refund of course. They want me to keep paying for the almost-impossible to book slots that have half of items unavailable and just not use them.

1 hour ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

Tesco had the cheek to email me and request I leave delivery slots for the more vulnerable. I'e done my shopping online for years and given that anybody over 40 that I tell about it seems flabbergastered I find It hard to believe it'll be pensioners waiting in the wings waiting to swoop on my spot. No offer of a subscription refund of course. They want me to keep paying for the almost-impossible to book slots that have half of items unavailable and just not use them.

Wor lass does this every week until now where they're booked out for weeks, the cunts. 

I'm just going to head out today and buy enough crisps to last the impending apocalypse and that, combined with my VOD, should see me through. It's incredibly tiring seeing people post skin-deep motivational platitudes on social media about having to tough it out though. You have one job; to sit in the house and wash your hands. Oh no, your routine has went from going to the same three places to just the one, what a sacrifice. Boils my piss something rotten. Perfectly healthy people twisting on that they don't have to leave the house and go to work, they don't even have kids to look after. Most of them don't even have pets. Fuck me, I hope I do get it so I can stop angrily looking at social media all day.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Aye, Friday lockdown is what I’m hearing military spotted being deployed to prevent looting. Sounds a right larf 

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

40 London Underground stations have just closed. Shit is getting real 

Londoners can’t be trusted Gloom. Selfish cockney wankers. They’ll all go out up the old cunt road or wherever Fri/Sat night getting hammered & spreading  death, then start looting the local Iceland. Don’t blame the authorities for trying to help feed the elderly :cuppa:

My utterly heroic 72 year old father in law is as we speak in a queue at Sainsbury’s (opening early for pensioners only) waiting to get in to get us the beans & eggs that we couldn’t get at our local Lidl’s yesterday which looked like a scene from Mad Max . He walks his two giant Spinoni dogs 5/6 miles a day. Fit as a fiddle that cunt. Am still loafing in bed, all cosy with a cup of tea...what do you mean I’m a selfish snide tosser too? :unsure:

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Dougle said:

Is this ITK the same as the MA selling up stuff? Just saying :)

It’s happening brah. Was confirmed widely in media to be happening in London on Friday a few hours after I posted it. Johnson refused to deny it in press conference. Army troops since spotted being deployed. 

Will be coming to the rest of the country shortly after. Apparently contagion is rampant in the capital - no surprise when it’s been business as usual for almost 10m people -  the rest of the country isn’t too far behind though. Better get that bog roll in quick 

I'm probably being ridiculously optimistic and/or naive but the claim that China has no new cases makes me think and end is possible - might take a few weeks/months but it's something.

18 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'm probably being ridiculously optimistic and/or naive but the claim that China has no new cases makes me think and end is possible - might take a few weeks/months but it's something.

The problem is that you need to be sure it's eradicated worldwide otherwise just one carrier could see us back at square one again.

20,000 troops being deployed to 'assist the police' and government passing emergency legislation they largely don't need that won't expire for two years.

This is how it begins...

Edited by ewerk

12 minutes ago, ewerk said:

20,000 troops being deployed to 'assist the police' and government passing emergency legislation they largely don't need that won't expire for two years.

This is how it begins...

Rise up brothers, man the barricades… in three months, when we’ve all done as we’re told. 

I drove to work today. My line manager has come down with flu like symptoms, and shortness of breath. She says she feels awful and not fit to work. In 7 years of knowing her, she's never taken a day off sick. So I think its highly likely she's positive. 14 days quarantine for her.

I work in an office of 3 and the person on the other side of me has been off sick with the same symptoms since last Monday (line manager is on the other side). I feel pretty vulnerable,  really don't want to touch anything. I've had a mild cold and temperature for a few days now too, who knows, maybe I've already had it. I certainly hope so. 

Meetings are gradually being cancelled. I think our department will be closing down soon. In which case, I expect to be sent home and hopefully still paid. I'm happy to be redeployed if I can help elsewhere but do I fuck want to continue doing non essential work. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Renton said:

I drove to work today. My line manager has come down with flu like symptoms, and shortness of breath. She says she feels awful and not fit to work. In 7 years of knowing her, she's never taken a day off sick. So I think its highly likely she's positive. 14 days quarantine for her.

I work in an office of 3 and the person on the other side of me has been off sick with the same symptoms since last Monday (line manager is on the other side). I feel pretty vulnerable,  really don't want to touch anything. I've had a mild cold and temperature for a few days now too, who knows, maybe I've already had it. I certainly hope so. 

Meetings are gradually being cancelled. I think our department will be closing down soon. In which case, I expect to be sent home and hopefully still paid. I'm happy to be redeployed if I can help elsewhere but do I fuck want to continue doing non essential work. 

i reckon you're a goner mate, like rayvin 

• Haha 4

A bit of good news perhaps 

A French scientist says he has found an effective treatment for coronavirus with "spectacular results" claiming "we know how to cure the illness".

The treatment, Plaquenil, is believed to be based on chloroquine, a drug normally used to treat malaria.

Professor Didier Raoult, who initiated the project, pitted two groups of 12 coronavirus patients against each other in the tests.

The first group of 12 patients received the treatment and the second was a control group.

Raoult, said the results are encouraging, explaining: "We were able to observe that 90% of the patients who had not received Plaquenil were still carriers after six days, whereas when you used Plaquenil, after six days, there are only 25% of carriers left."

Didier Raoult has claimed his "spectacular" results after having done tests on 24 patients show that "we know how to cure the illness".

It's probably not true, but it ties in with what I'd read earlier in the week that a combination of a drug to treat AIDS & a drug that treats malaria was the way to combat this.virus 

Edited by trooper

China reported no new domestically transmitted cases in the country for the first time since the virus emerged in late December

The lockdown in the Chinese city of Wuhan could be lifted once there are no new cases for 14 days, the China Daily newspaper reports

Hokkaido, the worst-affected Japanese region, is lifting its state of emergency after officials said the spread of the virus appeared to be ending