Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

About time. I was on Northumberland Street on Tuesday lunchtime and it was pretty much business as usual. 

They're all at the beach (Seaton Sluice) with their kids, Mrs walked the dogs this a.m. she said it was like height of summer and mobbed, windbreaks tents the lot!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Meenzer said:

Haven't been up central because no need to (or desire to), but no signs of anything around my neck of the woods yet. Going to go for a jog at lunchtime so I'll report back on any army movements. ;) 

Nothing but a portly traffic warden.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, trophyshy said:

I am certain your state funeral and year of mourning will not be overlooked Gemmill.

A 10ft coffin, slowly whirring down the aisle carried by 6 weeping Roombas. 

• Haha 11

24 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

A 10ft coffin, slowly whirring down the aisle carried by 6 weeping Roombas. 

As a string quartet plays a sombre rendition of "Too shy shy, hush hush, eye to eye".

• Haha 6

M&S was rammed - barely anything on the shelves, some old dear nearly in tears because there was no meat left, asking why people weren't being limited to one or two items per person. Poor sales assistant said they weren't putting limits on everything. There were still plenty of vegan ready meals left but i kept shtum. 

Still don't get the toilet paper obsession. It's like gold dust

Edited by Dr Gloom

1 minute ago, strawb said:

Put my house on the market yesterday and I’ve got a bid in for a much larger one, interest rates good. People not leaving the house not so much

Alternatively, there may be a glut of older housing needing renovation soon. Sad but true. :(

We've been told to work from home for next 4 weeks (minimum) I did a fair bit anyway, but US office folks (even those who like us here can work from home easily) have been put on a 2 group pattern to "protect" them, one week wfh, next week in the office, rinse and repeat - madness.

It's going to go horrific over there I fear, when it hits those without medical insurance and those folks start dying from lack of care !!! Of course I could be wrong, the President reckoned it was all a hoax. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

We've been told to work from home for next 4 weeks (minimum) I did a fair bit anyway, but US office folks (even those who like us here can work from home easily) have been put on a 2 group pattern to "protect" them, one week wfh, next week in the office, rinse and repeat - madness.

It's going to go horrific over there I fear, when it hits those without medical insurance and those folks start dying from lack of care !!! Of course I could be wrong, the President reckoned it was all a hoax. :rolleyes:

Hearts are still shit :cuppa:

• Haha 3