Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

8 minutes ago, NJS said:

I think solitary walks are allowed even in France etc so maybe dropping the papers bit would see him okay. 

No if your over 70 your not allowed starting this weekend mate. He's a tough old bugger but  he had a bad dose of flu over the Xmas so obviously I'd rather he stayed in.

27 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I think that's the problem, aye - people (deep down) know there's probably a shutdown coming, so they're going out and doing this stuff while they still can, maybe even more so. In terms of the health consqeuences it's negligent but you can understand the mindset really.

Pubs & clubs rammed full of people it's a perfect breeding ground for this or any virus. I sort of get the defiant attitude but I still think  it's a risk probably not worth taking. 

It's definitely a risk not worth taking and it's going to kill people in greater number and sooner. But to most people the horrible news we've been seeing is still something that's happening "over there". "Over there" used to be China, then it became Italy, then it became France - I reckon even when London starts bearing the brunt you'll see people elsewhere in the country saying aye, well, that's London, we're fine here. Maybe it's just human nature.

Who has said we can't go out at all? I've been out for a walk this morning and there are people out with their dogs. It is impossible to police a total ban on people leaving their houses. All neighbours would need to grass on one another for someone just walking alone past their front window. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

The outside stuff bothers me. Surely family groups can go out if they don't interact with anyone else? If we can't go out, I'm genuinely going to go mad. 

My mate who lives in Spain has been in the house since last weekend. They have been told they have to stay in for 14 days. I can do the staying in no bother as I normally have my hibernation period as I call it, from November to March when the cold weather comes. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Who has said we can't go out at all? I've been out for a walk this morning and there are people out with their dogs. It is impossible to police a total ban on people leaving their houses. All neighbours would need to grass on one another for someone just walking alone past their front window. 

in italy and spain, which are in total lockdown, you can leave the house to buy food or stuff from the chemist, but you need to fill in a form in advance explaining why you're out of the house or you will be fined. i can only assume the same will eventually happen here once contagion becomes rampant nationwide. 

8 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

In France you can go out "solo" for jogs/dog walks, exercise, go to work, shopping etc according to fella I deal with (Parisienne, who's got a canny cough just now mind!!) so long as you have your completed form stating the purpose of what you're doing and where from/to, Police everywhere checking and dishing out spot fines if you are "off route". Can only go out one person per car for any reason.

Edited by Toonpack

5 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

All that is required to stop the spread is social distancing. Solitary walks ARE social distancing. 

Ah that's my dilema I cant walk mate :razz:

• Haha 1

So my assumption is if one of us in the house get it, we all are going to get it. So therefore I cant see why I can't take the kids out. I literally back onto a park and the beach is 50m away so no need to drive. But I can't see an issue driving in family groups either really.

22 minutes ago, Renton said:

Kids are like dogs, they need to get out. This is hard on them. 

I know mate but it's about keeping everyone safe. You'd never forgive yourself in you were in the park or on the beach & some dickhead came walking past coughing over the kids 

14 hours ago, Billy Whitehurst said:

I walked past the Wetherspoons in Greenwich earlier. It was full of pensioners, the exact people who need to be isolating. London needs to be locked down as quickly as possible to save these people from themselves.

Fucke them, the Brexit voting cunts.

There's a footpath from my estate to Weetslade btw (fields). That's why I'm assuming that I can't be prevented from going for a walk. The police/army/government drones/black observation vehicles would have to be touring my estate to catch me. 

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I went past a cafe earlier. Rammed with pensioners. Seriously, fuck these people. 

They seem to be doing a good job of fucking themselves

If pensioners get ill en masse it's not only them that will suffer. Some younger people will need medical care too, and these selfish twats will block their access. Plus healthcare workers are at high risk here themselves. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, trooper said:

I know mate but it's about keeping everyone safe. You'd never forgive yourself in you were in the park or on the beach & some dickhead came walking past coughing over the kids 

Genuinely not worried about my kids. O dont know what it is but they do seem to be resilient against this. Zero deaths worldwide in under 10s. The people I'm personally worried about are me and my wife, not so much dying, but just being seriously ill and unable to look after the kids or ourselves, if we get it together. And my parents, obviously. My Dad was on a ventilator in January for pneumonia. He's 87 and has COPD. I doubt he will survive this if he gets it at the peak, so its imperative he doesn't.