Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

it's criminal because we all knew it was coming. they could have got ahead of the virus by locking the country down last week - we are still pretty much open for business. it's ridiculous. the government has placed far too much faith in behavioural scientists, i'm afraid. it's like they don't think people will obey a curfew until they experience the shitstorm first hand

Aye. It we had the benefit of foresight and still fucked it up. Our trajectory is now exactly the same as Italy's and there is nothing we can do to stop it. Its terrifying. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

outside exercise still allowed

for now 

It'll last as long as people aren't dickheads about it. I've been running so wide around people on my runs that you can actually see the curves on Strava. :D  Someone'll spoil it for everyone though, they always do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, TheGingerQuiff said:

It's surreal all of this. Feel like I'm in a film.

quite normal for me, i feel like that every day because i'm such a massive star

• Haha 1

The worlds landscape will be changed for the next decade. America will have it ten times worse than us too. It can go 2 ways though, either we pull together like we did following WW2, or the Cummings and the like use this as an excuse to ramp up control of the masses permanently.

Good luck to everyone on here, I hope most of us survive relatively unscathed both medically and financially 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

The worlds landscape will be changed for the next decade. America will have it ten times worse than us too. It can go 2 ways though, either we pull together like we did following WW2, or the Cummings and the like use this as an excuse to ramp up control of the masses permanently.

Good luck to everyone on here, I hope most of us survive relatively unscathed both medically and financially 

i think we will see a rewriting of the social contract similar to 1945

9 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think we will see a rewriting of the social contract similar to 1945

It’s mad to think but the Tories winning the last election has worked in everyone’s favour. If Corbyn had just announced the welfare package Boris has the Gammons would have been frothing at the mouth for years to come

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

It’s mad to think but the Tories winning the last election has worked in everyone’s favour. If Corbyn had just announced the welfare package Boris has the Gammons would have been frothing at the mouth for years to come

Maybe after a grip is gained on this and it all calms down the Tories might have developed a heart and some humility. There's no doubt the landscape of society has changed forever, it certainly has changed the whole life perspective for many.

This is as big as WW2. Bigger in some ways. I mean at least then you could go to the pub, cafe, or have a bite to eat. And at least you could see the enemy.

All medical research at Newcastle Trust (the largest centre for clinical research in the UK) has been halted. All focus is on coronavirus now, nothing else matters. I hope I get redeployed to play some part in this. I'd actually love to get back to the labs. 

• Like 3