Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Tbf the kid doesn’t even enjoy coke. He’s just concerned about the financial impact it’ll have on his dealer if he stops doing it 

I was thinking that watching it. It’s the kind of narcissistic logic only someone that charged up could contrive.

yeah, I’m only out to get off my tits tonight to support the local economy. Its a selfless act really 🙄

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone else started drinking yet today?...

34 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

You can do that. It's called Hello Fresh and it's £35 for 4 meals for 2 people.

This thing is great man. Cooking tomorrow for all of the breakfast, lunch and dinners for Monday to Wednesday. 

@PaddockLad I had a bit of drink last night little knowing a cold was coming on so don't feel like it tonight but bored shitless and want to. :lol:

@Gemmill  £35 for four meals you have to cook yourself?…....

7816435_HIMYM_-_Whaaat.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

😘 Look after yourself and that little smasher of yours. 
How’s he doing? 

It’s like living with an 11-yr old, wise, Yoda-creature. He’s awesome, thanks 😊 I’m just gutted that it looks like yesterday was his last day at primary school and none of them were really prepared for it to end like that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, catmag said:

It’s like living with an 11-yr old, wise, Yoda-creature. He’s awesome, thanks 😊 I’m just gutted that it looks like yesterday was his last day at primary school and none of them were really prepared for it to end like that. 

I feel the same about my girl who has just had time called early on her first year in reception. It’ll be quite a shock for her when they eventually start year one as it’s quite a step up. 

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

I feel the same about my girl who has just had time called early on her first year in reception. It’ll be quite a shock for her when they eventually start year one as it’s quite a step up. 

Hopefully this will all be taken into consideration and they’ll have a transition period. This whole thing is really tough on kids in general when they’re trying to make sense of it and the parents are trying not to panic themselves. Given that I live with Sheldon from TBBT, he’s pretty chilled about the whole thing and regularly asks for updates from work which I think is helpful for him to process things. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

A cold coming on is it, HMHM?

3ED0DD2C-D609-4776-B17C-BD28F9E653E5.gif

Had to get up to clear my throat and get some water, no coughs or temperature just a bit of a headache. The only Corona present at the minute is in my fridge. :drinks:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Anyone else started drinking yet today?...

I’ve just finished chopping up the Christmas tree, (no not that one), making a curry for tea then it’s Beermageddon. :lol: 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, catmag said:

I may have also lost my shit with a few people and ranted this morning:

‘As a friend drove through Newcastle last night they reported back that the bars and pubs were absolutely heaving with people. I know of at least 2 places that were having “final fling” nights in their pub. The pubs I passed on my way to work were full at 7pm. “One last pint!” “Best go out while we can!” “Ahhh I’m fine man, it’s being blown out of all proportion!”

Did you have a good night? Bit tender this morning? Well I hope that pint was worth it. In a couple of weeks time when someone you love is battling for their life on a ventilator, being given 24/7 care by my colleagues in a department that will have to spill over into a makeshift Intensive Care Unit in the back of Recovery, and you’re praying to a God you don’t even believe in; I hope to the same God that it was truly worth it. And if they don’t win that battle, and they become another statistic in this horrendous nightmare that hasn’t even scratched the surface for us here in the North East, don’t DARE suggest that we should’ve done more to help them. You selfish pricks.’

Ee, you've gone viral! If that's the right word to use in the circumstances...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I’ve just finished chopping up the Christmas tree, (no not that one), making a curry for tea then it’s Beermageddon. :lol: 

In late March? :lol:

I thought I was lazy. 

• Haha 3

54 minutes ago, catmag said:

Hopefully this will all be taken into consideration and they’ll have a transition period. This whole thing is really tough on kids in general when they’re trying to make sense of it and the parents are trying not to panic themselves. Given that I live with Sheldon from TBBT, he’s pretty chilled about the whole thing and regularly asks for updates from work which I think is helpful for him to process things. 

My boy is quite stoical about it all but my little girl is definitely attuned to our anxiety - she told me and the wife not to worry about coronavirus the other day, and that everything was going to be ok. 

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, Renton said:

In late March? :lol:

I thought I was lazy. 

32 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Fuckin bone idle man :lol:

or he may have been offshore for three months? :unsure:

:lol:

Bit of both, also letting it dry out. 
The smaller branch ends with the needles on make mint kindling. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr Gloom said:

Anyone else drinking like it’s Christmas?

I'm on it now. I'm going to either be tea total or a raving alcoholic by the end of this, with the money on the latter. 

Also drinking :D

It's not so bad this, you all just need to get into online gaming. There are now games that basically simulate work anyway, so that's where we'll all end up :lol:

I strongly recommend Factorio for anyone who likes logistics and operational optimisation.

Aren't you all glad I came back?

2 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Needs more tits, tbh. 

:lol:

In all seriousness, that game is a fucking drug. You start off mining coal and iron ore and in the end you have a fully automated rail network carrying supplies and loading factories, a drone network, automated factory defences and a fucking space ship :D

It's beautiful. If you're a complete dork. Which, as we all know, I am.

Edited by Rayvin