Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Shitting it about my Mam and Dad if I’m honest. And my lass who works on coronary care. Although statistically speaking she should be ok. Trying to keep things normal for the sake of the kids. I’m lucky in that I’m public sector and able to work from home. The economic effects look like they’ll be devastating but you can recover from that, unlike death of course. Just try and be sensible I suppose and eliminate the risks as much as possible. I really hope everyone is ok and the likes of J and Cath have my utmost respect. Worth sparing a thought for all those other ‘key workers’ like those earning not very much but putting themselves at risk working in places like Asda. Hopefully something better can emerge from this and we can start moving away from the petty, arrogant little nation we seemed to be heading for 

• Like 8

You're doing the right thing Renton. 

I follow a few national parks on FB and apparently this weekend they've been overwhelmed as if its a boiling Bank Holiday weekend. Yorkshire Dale's has warned if it continues they will shut it similar to the Foot and Mouth outbreak 

• Jaysus... 1

It's possible I can work from home as can virtually the whole office. Yet because the boss hasn't addressed the work shy fuckers he wants people in. He's told out linemanger and myself to our faces he doesn't trust them at home. 

Now. I leave in a couple of weeks to start a new job. All of them are working at home already. Most of my industry is working from home. 

What the fuck do I do? I feel like going in tomorrow and grabbing my work and coming back home to work from home. Yet we've been told if we want to work from home it must be agreed with a director. As apparently the government guidance says work from home if you're self isolating only. Which it doesn't at all. 

I think the gaffers are been very irresponsible about all of this. 

You should absolutely work from home tomorrow. Go in early before anyone else will be there and leave a note on your boss's desk telling him you're working from home. There's fuck all he can do, you're leaving anyway. 

The dickheads at your place sound like the sort of cunts that would have been out til last orders in Friday so get as far away from them as possible. 

• Like 2

@wykikitoon Btw if you need to, just lie and tell him you're self isolating cos a mate you spent some time with on Saturday has been in touch on Sunday night and told you he's got it.

Tell him you've done him a favour by coming in before everyone arrived. 

Edited by Gemmill

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

It's possible I can work from home as can virtually the whole office. Yet because the boss hasn't addressed the work shy fuckers he wants people in. He's told out linemanger and myself to our faces he doesn't trust them at home. 

Now. I leave in a couple of weeks to start a new job. All of them are working at home already. Most of my industry is working from home. 

What the fuck do I do? I feel like going in tomorrow and grabbing my work and coming back home to work from home. Yet we've been told if we want to work from home it must be agreed with a director. As apparently the government guidance says work from home if you're self isolating only. Which it doesn't at all. 

Mate, its obvious. You're leaving anyway. Fuck them, keep safe, stay st home.

I've got similar issues at my work. They still expect me to come in. I'm a non essential NHS worker currently, working in a hospital office! Madness. I'm telling my boss this tomorrow,   via video conference. I'll accept any disciplinary they throw at me now I think, although I admit I'm worried by loss of pay. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Fuck them. Work from home. The situation has changed even since Friday 

• Like 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Btw if you need to just lie and tell him you're self isolating cos a mate you spent some time with on Saturday has been in touch on Sunday night and told you he's got it.

Tell him you've done him a favour by coming in before everyone arrived. 

I'm pretty much first in anyway! I unlock the office and usually in on my own for a good couple of hours before the cunts come in

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

You're doing the right thing Renton. 

I follow a few national parks on FB and apparently this weekend they've been overwhelmed as if its a boiling Bank Holiday weekend. Yorkshire Dale's has warned if it continues they will shut it similar to the Foot and Mouth outbreak 

Skegness was like a bank holiday yesterday apparently. As if things weren't bad enough, to take off to Skegness ffs. I mean that is a cry for help. 

• Haha 1

So what’s the latest advice?

I thought we were social distancing. I went to the shops yesterday. Didn’t stand next to anyone and washed my hands before and after. From reading Twitter anyone who dares leave their front door has blood on their hands :lol:

Obviously if I was symptomatic I would self

isolate for 14 days, but an awful lot of people appear to be conflating self isolation with social distancing

31 minutes ago, Renton said:

Love this post.

I'm sure this is an issue for many people, but my parents are hopeless with technology, the idea of Skype is good but won't work. Because of the deafness issue, phoning isn't really an option either. My mum can lip read. I'm going to go round today, briefly, using as many precautions as I can. I think the risk is small as we are in the NE, but I know it's there. Thereafter it will probably just me talking from the front garden., or at the window. Quite bizarre. 

Screenshot_20200322-095613_Chrome.jpg

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I thought we were social distancing. I went to the shops yesterday. Didn’t stand next to anyone and washed my hands before and after. From reading Twitter anyone who dares leave their front door has blood on their hands :lol:

isolate for 14 days, but an awful lot of people appear to be conflating self isolation with social distancing

I don't think anyone's mixing up the two. We are talking about dealing with people who are self isolating (at risk groups) and avoiding risks which are not essential. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Fortunately I’m not in Facebook or twitter. I dread to think the shite circulating on there atm 

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

I don't think anyone's mixing up the two. We are talking about dealing with people who are self isolating (at risk groups) and avoiding risks which are not essential. 

There’s literally thousands of people all over social media mixing up the two 

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Your directors are deliberately ignoring explicit government advice 

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guidance-to-employers-and-businesses-about-covid-19/guidance-for-employers-and-businesses-on-coronavirus-covid-19

CC638422-DF73-4287-AAB1-451D08282CCA.jpeg

Just now, Alex said:

:lol: I always have had. Doesn’t mean I like you or agree with you on very much ;) 

You can’t judge people on their online personas. I’m a hoot in real life. And I have a home arcade so I’ve got this social distancing thing down pat 

Just now, Kid Dynamite said:

There’s literally thousands of people all over social media mixing up the two 

People are so stupid they just make assumptions, even though there are loads of guides on places like the BBC’s site explaining precisely what they both are and mean. They should just issue people with instructions rather than use phrases like this. As ridiculous as that seems