Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

22 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

FA Cup classics on BBC One atm and Paul Kitson has just scored which reminds me of the time he chinned Gemmill in Julie’s. He must have seen this coming.

I'm familiar with most the history on here but this escapes me. Paul Kitson chinned Gemmill? Good lad. 

7 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm familiar with most the history on here but this escapes me. Paul Kitson chinned Gemmill? Good lad. 

He got lairy. Steve Howey led him away in the greatest goal line clearance of his career. 

People are either fucking stupid or ignorant apparently Whitley Bay, Seaton Sluice & Blyth beaches are supposed to be really busy. Apparently they are queuing out the door at the Coastline Chippy at Blyth Beach. Ridley Park in Blyth is supposed to have been busy also, as well, too.

Edited by trooper

3 minutes ago, trooper said:

People are either fucking stupid or ignorant apparently Whitley Bay, Seaton Sluice & Blyth beaches are supposed to be really busy. Apparently they are queuing out the door at the Coastline Chippy at Blyth Beach. Ridley Park in Blyth is supposed to have been busy also, as well, too.

I think queueing is okay if you keep a 2 metre distance. Advice now is not to drive for leisure purposes. Walking is okay. From a selfish pov, I'm delighted because I'm lucky enough to live in a really nice area. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

That's fucking insane. I had assumed all markets would be off. They are here. But London, the epicentre of the pandemic in the UK? :o

fucking morons the length and breadth of the country, man. 

• Like 1

the message seems to have gotten through in my corner of south london. just back from a run and people were giving each other wide berths, exchanging awkward knowing smiles of ackownlgedgment, in a typically british manner. plenty of people out and about in the sunshine but seemingly acting a little more responsibly.  

I think they've over-emphasised  the notion that "healthy" people can see it off easily and so people think if they get it over with they're ahead of the curve. 

Obviously not giving a fuck about people who will get it badly but even then it's the arrogance that they're "hard enough" to see it off. 

Looks like the data from Italy suggests it isn't as simple as young/healthy are fine. 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Miss T's just spent a few of hours in the kitchen making quiches, corned beef pies, & cakes. 

all she is saying, is give quiche a chance 

i'm going to be gutted when the parks inevitably shut and we're no longer allowed to go for a run or walk because that daily 40 minutes of me time is keeping me sane at the moment. running is absolutely the best thing to clear your head and get away from the noise of family life if it feels like the walls are starting to close in.

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

running is absolutely the best thing to clear your head and get away from the noise of family life if it feels like the walls are starting to close in.

Or having a shed wank. 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Or having a shed wank. 

i hope you can lock the door. not sure i'd be able to relax enough to pop otherwise. its the en suite bathroom/headphone combo for me

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i hope you can lock the door. not sure i'd be able to relax enough to pop otherwise. its the en suite bathroom/headphone combo for me

Of course I lock it. 
I’ve enough on mind balancing on one foot with my thumb up my arse as I choke myself with an orange, without worrying about the Mrs. coming in looking for a hammer. 

• Haha 3

57 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the message seems to have gotten through in my corner of south london. just back from a run and people were giving each other wide berths, exchanging awkward knowing smiles of ackownlgedgment, in a typically british manner. plenty of people out and about in the sunshine but seemingly acting a little more responsibly.  

This is going to devastate the sunshine fanny thread this year. 

Edited by Renton