Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Fair play to all the attendees at the Stadium of Light. They’ve been doing social distancing for years.

Shame Adam Johnson didn't do the same thing....

2 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Of course I lock it. 
I’ve enough on mind balancing on one foot with my thumb up my arse as I choke myself with an orange, without worrying about the Mrs. coming in looking for a hammer. 

23C28856-D257-4468-976C-004848A9378C.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Mince and dumplings for tea lads. I'm riding this virus like Seabiscuit. 

Was it Mung bean mince with Quinoa and Uruguayan Goosebery Dumplings, or just regular, fucking delicious, Mince and Dumplings? 

• Haha 3

Master T 's doing an apprenticeship at McDonalds has just found out via twitter they're  closing all stores from 7 pm tomorrow. He's been in touch with his boss & it's TRUE.  It looks like the Lockdown is on. 

8 minutes ago, trooper said:

Master T 's doing an apprenticeship at McDonalds has just found out via twitter they're  closing all stores from 7 pm tomorrow. He's been in touch with his boss & it's TRUE.  It looks like the Lockdown is on. 

Aye, it’s just been announced.

On 21/03/2020 at 11:47, Gemmill said:

@Christmas Tree are you still alive you melon? Hope you and the family are all OK. Especially the daughter that fancies me. :lol:

Cheers. Self isolating for 12 weeks (At least)  due to wife’s Asthma. Daughters fine (single) and just qualified as a teacher so ready to marry off ?

New hobby: Chicken keeping (Mainly for the 9 year old to have some activity / routine / fun during the next several months.

Making Bread and trying to watch a comedy every night.

Trying too avoid too much news, twitter etc and just full of admiration for the people fighting this on the frontline.

Hope everyone on here stays safe and try’s to keep their pecker up as best they can.

Fat little cunt out :)

• Like 6

Well, that's me on working from home, tomorrow onwards.

Just had the announcement here that schools are closing from tomorrow. 102 confirmed cases in NZ.

Quite mad really how far ahead of the curve NZ is reacting to this than the UK seems to be.

So it looks like the government are going to give people more chances to act like morons before the inevitable emergency legislation being used to force people not to act like selfish idiots. It’s the pubs / restaurants fiasco all over again. What was so annoying about that was it was so obvious people wouldn’t follow the advice. That meant it was clear that pubs and restaurants would need to be forcibly shut down. Even then, instead of doing it with immediate effect, people were given one last chance (on a Friday night ffs) to go out and make things worse 

In our update email from work it mentioned 70 out of 1700 were in the office on friday - mostly IT infrastructure and facilities so we aren't doing too badly. 

I'm not sure what will happen if there's a fuller lockdown - we have DR plans but I'm unsure how robust they are for everyone using the alternative gear. 

12 hours ago, trooper said:

Me and the eldest daughter still at work. She's at a pharmacy and I'm, err, not. There'll be a zombie apocalypse coupled with a nuclear fallout and they'll still be asking if anyone wants any blob at my place. :lol:

I'm wfh today. Well not really with 2 kids. One of whom is hugely demanding. I feel quite angry I'm put in a situation where my work want me drop my kids off at school and school are saying only do this if you are front line. I'm certainly not front line. So there is an immediate conflict of interest. What I want to do is get them schooled one day a week. This will ease pressure on the school and allow me to drive to work (without any contact with anyone) 3 days a week and keep things going. I point blank refuse to use public transport. I feel that being in school one day a week will be beneficial for their mental health but I'm also acutely aware it it puts them and therefore us at risk of infection. But I do know I will now cease all physical contact with my parents next door regardless. I don't know if that's a compromise school or work will take. Just really feel like telling work redeploy me or get fucked, but I need the money. My wife's work have been utterly deplorable in their attitude, not even reducing her targets.I think there is huge irresponsibility at every level, even the NHS.

Our place is playing very fast and loose with their standards here. There’s a diabetic bloke just being allowed to work because we’re busy and the cleaning regime hasn’t changed one bit. They’re telling us how much they appreciate our efforts while doing absolutely nothing extra to protect people who are working on top of each other. God help when their negligence kills someone.

• Like 1