Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

Mental times. Only food shops left open. Id planned on going to Vodafone tomorrow to get a 4g sim so I could FaceTime my gran on her tablet. Can’t even do that now.

Be interesting to see how many people stick to this 

Edited by Kid Dynamite

Aye, exactly, I assume this is basically just their way of saying "we can arbitrarily disperse people from beaches and parks now". If you can still be out and about with your family, or you can still have a "gathering" of two people even though you're not supposed to be leaving the house for anything non-essential... :dunno: 

11 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No lockdown from work.

This fucking needs clarifying fast. I can see me arguing with my boss again tomorrow that my desk based NHS job doing technology assessments is essential. The stupidity is mind boggling.

1 minute ago, NJS said:

Still no mention of factories, construction etc

That’s exactly what I’m wondering. My business is in no way essential but I have contracts to fulfil so unless my similarly non-essential customers close then I have to remain open. Unless the government mandates otherwise.

My lass who doesn't live with me is a veterinary nurse and practise manager who's still working. Her surgery is in London but she lives in Brentwood and has been staying in a B&B near work for about 3 weeks. 

I'd hate to think pets would be written off but I hope it's all over now though she did mention they might be classified as a key business  She just texted me to say they'll be seeking RCVS advice tomorrow. 

We'll be considered essential work but there'll be absolutely no insistence that they take any measures to prevent everybody working on top of each other or staggering the number of staff throughout a longer working day to minimise contact. Instead, the gaffer is talking about bringing agency staff and fixed term contracts into a crowded workplace that is pretty fucking blase about the whole thing thus far. I have a full slab of sick days so I might just take them if they aren't going to do anything about it.

It's confusing Master T works for Royal Mail Delivery Office in North Shields. He's going to have to ring his boss in the morning to see if he's wanted in. 

Edited by trooper

30 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Mental times. Only food shops left open. Id planned on going to Vodafone tomorrow to get a 4g sim so I could FaceTime my gran on her tablet. Can’t even do that now.

Be interesting to see how many people stick to this 

You can still order online. 

The swingeing lockdown brings huge challenges to police, including a dramatic change in the British style of policing.

It is seen as anathema to the British model of policing by consent, and officers being citizens in uniform: “There is absolute reluctance,” said one source. “It’s a total change of policing style.”

From the guardian live feed.

I've never once had an encounter with a british police officer in which I'd describe their approach as described there. 

• Like 2

They're shutting down non essential shops etc to stop the public going out and wandering about. All other types of work are to continue as far as I can tell. 

I don't see them shutting down vets either. Arguably a "medical need" albeit not a human one. 

3 minutes ago, Andrew said:

From the guardian live feed.

I've never once had an encounter with a british police officer in which I'd describe their approach as described there. 

:lol: I know. They'll be absolutely pulling themselves off at the thought of breaking up people chatting in the frozen food aisle.