Coronavirus

Anorthernsoul

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

No more than two people can congregate in public but 100s of people can mix for nine hours a day in factories.

That bit confused me too. A gathering of greater than two people shuts our new build sites and stops a lot of our maintenance work too. 

In two months time: "Hello there, Boris here, in this unprecedented time with a global pandemic still being fought, with the nuclear fallout from ex-President and current inmate at San Jose death row, Donald Trump who accidentally pushed the red button thinking he was getting Fox news instead, through to the invasion of the killer tripod aliens and their attempt to farm humans for their dietary nourishment, I once again call on everyone to stay calm and at home. Non-essential manufacturing workers can use our new interactive map which highlights radio active fallout hotspots, Covid-19 hazard areas as well as alien blindspots where their antennas can't smell human prey to plan their journey to work. Thank you."

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

29 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

In two months time: "Hello there, Boris here, in this unprecedented time with a global pandemic still being fought, with the nuclear fallout from ex-President and current inmate at San Jose death row, Donald Trump who accidentally pushed the red button thinking he was getting Fox news instead, through to the invasion of the killer tripod aliens and their attempt to farm humans for their dietary nourishment, I once again call on everyone to stay calm and at home. Non-essential manufacturing workers can use our new interactive map which highlights radio active fallout hotspots, Covid-19 hazard areas as well as alien blindspots where their antennas can't smell human prey to plan their journey to work. Thank you."

:spit:

Bravo!

33 minutes ago, Ant said:

Wee fella had  tonsillitis a month ago, I've had it, suz has had it all of us had double dose antibiotics and he didn't totally shift his

Queue today 40c temp and needs a course again, he heard the gp mention covid and went into meltdown :(

Grand now like and I'll venture down get his meds in the morning but fuck me what a day between that and work. 

@NJS I've got all but two off my team wfh both waiting in laptops one in to build them but both have  zero priority no critical or vun status, utterly shit saying no change till they get a laptop and to go in, just told my boss no chance that's going keep up, no way they should be in for sake of some laptops and ipads

We moved to laptops with hot desking two years ago so we've always been geared for WFH  (though we can use citrix through a pc as well). 

Not everybody is completely setup for home working though - I don't like laptops in general but obviously have fuck off monitors being a geek. 

Having said that we've now been offered monitors to be couriered if you want one - I suppose like anything wealth matters. 

6 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Conflicting advice all over the place on who should be going to work in the morning. Why the fuck would you leave it til 8.30pm to put out such an announcement?

Because they didn’t decide to make it until 8:00pm

:dunno: 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

It's confusing Master T works for Royal Mail Delivery Office in North Shields. He's going to have to ring his boss in the morning to see if he's wanted in. 

Postal workers are on the "Key workers" list.